We love Medicare plan informational meetings – they give us a chance to hear what people in our communities are concerned about as they prepare for Medicare. And we get to help clear up any confusion around their health plan options.
What’s in it for you?
Medicare informational meetings are a great way to learn about different Medicare health plans before you sign up for one.
Many health insurance companies hold their own meetings in different locations around the areas they serve. Online meetings are also usually available. They are easy to attend, secure and provide the same expert information in the privacy of your home.
Since each company offers different plans with different provider networks and prescription drug coverage, you should plan on attending more than one meeting.
What you can expect
- A general overview of the Medicare program and how Medicare works with private health and prescription drug plans
- An in-depth look at the Medicare plans offered by the company
- Time to get your questions answered during a Q&A
3 things you might not expect
- No pressure. If you’re just there to learn and aren’t ready to decide, there’s no pressure to sign anything or enroll in a plan until you’re ready. You’re welcome to sit back, relax and learn.
- Extra perks. When you research Medicare health plans online, it’s hard to compare apples to apples. Medicare meetings give you a chance to learn about the perks that are unique to each plan – things like dental coverage, fitness programs, travel benefits, and discounts for eyewear and hearing aids.
- Someone you can call. When the meeting is over, you’ll walk away with a personal contact at that health insurance company. If you have a follow-up question or decide to enroll in one of their plans, you now have someone you can call whenever you need. And that’s one perk you definitely can’t get online.
Attend a Medicare meeting
Learn all about Medicare and HealthPartners Medicare plans in person, online or explore our interactive learning guide at your own pace.