HealthPartners Medical Group title
- Co-Director of the HealthPartners Institute for Education and Research Center for Chronic Care Innovation
- Member of the diabetes work group of the Institute for Clinical Systems Improvement diabetes guideline
- Member of HealthPartners Diabetes and Cardiovascular Expert Panel
- Co-author of the Epocrates online clinical decision support for type 2 diabetes
- Associate editor for the journal Diabetes Spectrum
Joined the Institute
Biomedical engineering, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI; MD, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
Her work focuses on diabetes and chronic care quality improvement, using information technology and electronic health record data to facilitate better decision making between providers and patients, and methods to support provider and patient engagement and education. She conducts clinical trials in diabetes, hypertension, lipids, and cardiovascular risk reduction.
Chronic disease, diabetes care and cardiovascular risk reduction
- Principal investigator (PI) for the National Institute of Health (NIH)-funded translational study “Simulated Diabetes Training for Resident Physicians" (Resident SimCare)
- Co-investigator for the NIH-funded study “Prioritized Clinical Decision Support to Reduce Cardiovascular Risk"
- Co-investigator of the NIH-funded study “Personalized Physician Learning Intervention to Improve Hypertension Control"
- Co-investigator of the NIH-funded study “Home Blood Pressure Telemonitoring and Case Management to Control Hypertension”
- Co-investigator of multiple ongoing diabetes clinical trials at HealthPartners Riverside Clinic