Effective as of: 02/25/2020
It describes the kinds of information HealthPartners collects from website visitors and users and how we use and protect that information. This Policy applies to all visitors and users of the Site including the general public, HealthPartners members, HealthPartners-affiliated clinic or hospital patients, and participants in Health and Well-being programs that HealthPartners administers.
This Policy also describes how we manage and protect both Health Information and Personal Information (defined below) that you give us through this website, how we use and share that information, and how you may exercise your rights with regard to your Health Information and Personal Information.
By using the Site, you are consenting to our collecting, using, and disclosing your Health and Personal Information as described in this Policy. Please read this Policy carefully and do not continue to use this Site if you do not agree to have your information treated in this way.
We may update this Policy from time to time without prior notice. Changes apply to the information collected from the date we post the revision, as well as to information we already hold. We encourage you to visit and review this page frequently so you are aware of any changes since your last visit to the web site.
“Health Information” is information that (a) identifies you as a current or former HealthPartners health plan member, patient, or Health and Well-being participant and (b) that relates to your health or condition, your health care services, payment, or coverage for those services.
The privacy of Health Information is governed by the applicable Notice of Privacy Practices as outlined below.
- If you are a HealthPartners health plan member, please read the Health Plan Notice of Privacy Practices for a description of our privacy practices and your rights as a health plan member.
- If your employer is self-insured and HealthPartners administers your employer’s plan, please check with your employer for your employer’s health plan’s privacy practices.
- If you are a HealthPartners or affiliated clinic or hospital patient, please read the Notice of Privacy Practices for Clinics, Hospitals and Other Care Providers Affiliated with the HealthPartners and Park Nicollet Family of Care for a description of our privacy practices and your rights as a patient.
This Policy applies to “Personal Information.” Personal information means specific facts that can be used to identify or contact you as an individual. Personal Information includes, for example, your name, home address and phone number, birth date, your sex, email address, and other information that is unique to you that may not directly relate to your health.
“Personal Information” does not include information that identifies a computer used to access this site because that information doesn’t identify the person using the computer. (See the section below about “Cookies and other information about your visit.”)
Children under the age of thirteen
This Site is not intended for children or minors under the age of thirteen years without the permission of a parent or guardian. If you believe that a child has submitted Personal Information on or through this Site without the consent and supervision of a parent or guardian, please contact us using the information provided below.
Security of Health Information and Personal Information
We maintain a variety of physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to protect your Health Information and Personal Information and prevent unauthorized access when the information is in our control. We update these safeguards from time to time to make them more effective, but no safeguard can be 100% effective.
In addition, you should remember that no system can perfectly prevent an unauthorized person from intentionally viewing information while it is in transit over the Internet or via email. Therefore, HealthPartners cannot and does not guarantee the confidentiality or security of information you send to us via the Internet or by email.
How HealthPartners uses and discloses Personal Information
- We will use and share Personal Information obtained through this website with our employees, contractors, and others to the extent necessary for any of the following purposes:
- To allow you to participate in a program you have enrolled in.
- To provide a product or service you have asked for or purchased.
- To send you information you have asked for, such as a quote for insurance coverage.
- To promote our products or services to you.
- To enable you to provide feedback to us on our products and services.
- To improve the content, functionality, and usability of this Site.
- To contact you with information and notices related to your use of this Site.
- We will share Personal Information to the extent necessary to comply with a subpoena, court or administrative order, law, rule, regulation, or similar requirement that we believe in good faith legally obligates us to share it.
- We may use Personal Information to the extent necessary to protect our website, our rights, and to avoid or minimize our liability. For example, we may use Personal Information to identify someone who is using our site for an illegal purpose and disclose it to law enforcement or our attorneys to consider taking legal action.
- We may share Personal Information with another entity that takes control of us or that we take control of as a result of a corporate reorganization such as a merger, acquisition or spin-off, or similar action.
Cookies and other information about your visit
We collect information about visitors to our site using “cookies” and other technologies that help us to make our site more useful to our visitors. These technologies place a small text or graphic file on your computer’s browser directory or program data subfolder that identifies the computer being used to visit the site. A cookie is not Personal Information because it does not identify who the visitor is, only the computer that is being used to visit the site.
A cookie sends us information automatically through your web browser. This information typically includes your computer’s IP address (that is, a series of numerals that identifies any computer on the Internet), the identity of the computer’s internet service provider, the name and version of the computer’s operating system and browser, the date and time of the visit, the pages visited, and how long the visitor stayed on each page.
Most major web sites, including this one, use this information to help visitors navigate the site more successfully. They also provide information about visitors’ behavior on the site that help us improve the site and our marketing programs and to customize the online experience to the users’ needs. We may also use this information to tailor advertisements and offers to you, both on our websites and on other websites. We may combine this web site information with Personal Information you’ve given us in other ways in order to improve your overall experience with HealthPartners.
Note that we do not currently respond to web browser “do not track” or “DNT” signals that you can set through your browser settings. These signals are intended to give website visitors the opportunity to opt out of our collecting of information about the visitors’ online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services. However, because there is currently no common definition of what such signals are and no industry-accepted standards for how such signals should be interpreted; we do not promise to abide by DNT signals.
Information from your mobile device.
If you download one of our mobile applications or access the mobile version of this Site, we may automatically collect certain information from or about your mobile device. The types of information we may collect include the same kind of information we collect from a desktop computer visitor.
Using GPS technology, and with your opt-in consent (on your mobile device), we may also collect precise, real-time location information from your mobile device and use that information to deliver tailored content to you. For example, if you are in need of urgent care and search the mobile version of this Site for an urgent care clinic, we may use location information from your mobile device to direct you to the clinic nearest you. Your mobile device may allow you to adjust your settings so that location information is not available to any mobile website or application. If you have questions about the security and privacy settings of your mobile device, please refer to instructions from your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device.
Please note that, to make a seamless user experience, we allow some third-party sites to brand themselves to look like they are offered by HealthPartners. You can tell what terms apply by clicking on the “Privacy” or similar term in the universal footer at the bottom of the web page.
All questions and concerns about your privacy can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
8170 33rd Ave. S.
Bloomington, MN 55425
Attention: Office of Integrity and Compliance