Effective as of: 05/18/2018
This Policy also describes how we manage and protect both Health Information and Personal Information that you give us through this website, how we use and share that information, and how you may exercise your rights with regard to your Health Information and Personal Information. Please read this carefully.
Changes to Web Privacy Practices
We may update this Policy from time to time. Changes apply to the information collected from the date we post the revision, as well as to information we already hold. We encourage you to visit and review this page frequently so you are aware of any changes since your last visit to the web site.
“Health Information” is information that identifies you as a current or former HealthPartners health plan member, a current or former HealthPartners patient, or a current or former Health and Well-being participant and that relates to your health or condition, your health care services, payment, or coverage for those services.
If you are a HealthPartners health plan member, please consult the Health Plan Notice of Privacy Practices for a description of our privacy practices and your rights as a health plan member. If your employer is self-insured, please check with your employer for more information about your employer’s health plan’s privacy practices.
If you are a HealthPartners or affiliated clinic or hospital patient, please consult the Notice of Privacy Practices for Clinics, Hospitals and Other Care Providers Affiliated with the HealthPartners and Park Nicollet Family of Care for a description of our privacy practices and your rights as a patient.
Your Personal Information
“Personal information” refers to specific facts that can be used to identify or contact you as an individual. Personal Information includes, for example, your name, home address and phone number, birth date, your sex, email address or other information that is unique to you.
“Personal Information” does not include information that identifies a computer used to access this site. (See the section below about “Cookies and other information about your visit.”)
We collect your Personal Information through this website only if you provide it to us.
Security of Health Information and Personal Information
We maintain a variety of physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to protect your Health Information and Personal Information and prevent unauthorized access when the information is in our control. However, you should remember that no system can perfectly prevent an unauthorized person from intentionally viewing information while it is in transit over the Internet or via email. Therefore, HealthPartners cannot and does not guarantee the confidentiality or security of information you send to us via the Internet or by email.
How HealthPartners Uses and Shares Personal Information
- We may use and share your Personal Information obtained through this website with our employees, contractors, and others to the extent necessary for any of the following purposes:
- To allow you to participate in a program you have enrolled in.
- To provide a product or service you have asked for or purchased.
- To send you information you have asked for, such as a quote for insurance coverage.
- To promote our products or services to you.
- To enable you to provide feedback to us on our products and services.
- We will share Personal Information to the extent necessary to comply with a subpoena, court or administrative order, law, rule, regulation, or similar requirement that we believe in good faith legally obligates us to share it.
- We may use Personal Information to the extent necessary to protect our web site, our rights, and to avoid or minimize our liability. For example, we may use Personal Information to identify someone who is using our site for an illegal purpose and disclose it to law enforcement or our attorneys to consider taking legal action.
- We may share Personal Information with a new entity that controls us, or that we control, as a result of a corporate reorganization, such as a merger, acquisition or spin-off.
- If your employer offers a reward for participating in a program or activity (for example, completing a health assessment), we will only provide enough information to your employer so your employer can administer the reward. The type of information we may provide includes, for example, your name, address, birth date, the date you enrolled in a program, and the date you completed a program.
Cookies and other information about your visit
We collect information about visitors to our site using “cookies” and other technologies that help us to make our site more useful to our visitors. These technologies place a small text or graphic file on the computer’s browser directory or program data subfolder that identifies the computer that is being used to visit the site. A cookie is not Personal Information because it does not identify who the visitor is.
Most major web sites, including this one, use third party cookies and similar technologies to help visitors navigate the site more successfully. They also provide information about visitors’ behavior on the site that help us improve the site and our marketing programs and to customize the online experience to the users’ needs. We may also use this information to tailor advertisements and offers to you, both on our websites and on other websites. We may combine this web site information with Personal Information you’ve given us in other ways in order to improve your overall experience with HealthPartners.
Note that we do not currently respond to web browser “do not track” or “DNT” signals that you can set through your browser settings. These signals are intended to give website visitors the opportunity to opt out of our collecting of information about the visitors’ online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services. However, because there is currently no common definition of what such signals are and no industry-accepted standards for how such signals should be interpreted; we do not promise to abide by DNT signals.
Our web server also automatically collects the IP (for “Internet Protocol”) address of each computer that accesses our site. An IP address is a series of numerals that is assigned to each computer that accesses the Internet. An IP address is not Personal Information because it identifies only the computer, not the person who is using it. We use IP addresses in aggregate form to help us conduct analytics to understand how our site is being used and how we can better serve visitors.
All questions and concerns about your privacy can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
8170 33rd Ave. S.
Bloomington, MN 55425
Attention: Office of Integrity and Compliance