Effective as of February 25, 2020
If you do not agree to these Terms, you may not visit or use this Site.
Applicability of these Terms
These Terms apply to this Site and to any other site to which they appear in the footer.
Ownership of Site, Reservation of Rights
This Site is owned and operated by HealthPartners, Inc., or one of its affiliates, subsidiaries, or other related organizations. HealthPartners reserves all rights to the Site except those that we specifically give to you in these Terms. Among our reserved rights is the right to change or discontinue this Site and information on it (in whole or in part) without prior notice.
Changes in Terms
We have the right to change these Terms at any time. Any change is effective as soon as we post it to the Site. We will post the date of the latest change at the top of this Terms page. If you use the Site after a change is posted, you are considered to have accepted the changes. You should visit and reread these Terms often so you are up-to-date in what they say.
Your consent to other agreements
In order to sign up to use various special features or password-protected areas of this Site, you may have to agree to additional rules or other conditions. In such cases, we may ask you to expressly consent to those additional rules or conditions by, for example, checking a box or clicking on an “I agree” or similar button. This type of agreement is known as a “click-through agreement.”
If any of the terms of a click-through agreement are different than the terms of these Terms, the terms of the click-through agreement will add to or change these Terms with respect to the matters governed by the click-through agreement.
Whether or not a click-through agreement says so, if you sign up for any password-protected area of this Site, you must keep your log-in credentials (such as, your user name and password) confidential and not share them with others. You will be responsible for anything another person does while using your log-in credentials.
No Medical Advice
Information we provide on the Site is intended for general educational purposes and is not intended to be medical advice to you or any other person. You should always consult with your own medical provider about your health and medical questions and never rely on this or any other web site alone to make medical decisions.
We specifically do not intend for you to interpret anything on this Site as advocating the self-management of your health or medical condition or used as a substitute for professional medical advice.
Never delay seeking medical advice or disregard any medical advice you have received from your provider because of anything you read on the Site.
Copyright and intellectual property
HealthPartners owns the copyright and other intellectual property for the Content of the Site (except for User-generated Content and Content for which the copyright is owned by a third party that has given HealthPartners permission to post it). “Content” includes text, graphics, images, and other material, and includes any software that permits you to visit or use the Site that we have developed or have a legal license to use. Neither you nor anyone else has or gets any right, title, or interest in and to the Content by simply visiting or using the site.
“User-Generated Content” refers to all of the content that you post on or through this Site using the social networking tools we make available to you. Examples include text, photographs, images, illustrations, graphics, sound recordings, video, and audio-video clips. One way that User-Generated Content differs from other information you provide to us is that, once submitted, User-Generated Content is made available instantaneously to others who visit this Site. Examples of User-Generated Content include comments posted to discussion boards and patient reviews of Park Nicollet physicians.
The following terms apply specifically to User-generated Content:
- You own the copyright to any User-generated Content you post, but by posting Content you give HealthPartners a nonexclusive, fully paid, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, and transferrable license (permission) to use the Content in any form and for any lawful purpose without payment.
- Any opinion expressed in User-generated Content is that of the person posting it and not of HealthPartners.
- You are solely responsible for any User-generated Content that you post.
- You may not post anything that violates these Terms.
- Anyone who posts User-generated Content is personally responsible for content that is defamatory, obscene, or libelous; violates someone else’s rights or privacy; is untrue or misleading; or otherwise violates the law or these Terms.
- HealthPartners has the right to block or remove User-generated Content that it finds to be illegal, in violation of these Terms, or otherwise unacceptable, but it does not promise that it will do so in any particular case.
If Content Violates Your Copyrights
Under the terms of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, if you send our “Designated Agent” (shown below) a notice that Content on our Site infringes your copyrights, we will promptly remove or disable access to the infringing Content.
A notice for this purpose must contain all of the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the right that you believe is being infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you believe is being infringed.
- A description of the Content that you believe is infringing and should be removed;
- Enough information so that we can contact you, including your name, address, and telephone number and email address (or both);
- A statement that you believe in good faith that use of the material in the manner complained about is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in your notice is accurate and, under the penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
When we receive a notice that has this information, we will remove or disable access to the content in question.
We will notify the source of the infringing content of your complaint and our actions. In some cases, if the source of the content provides us with additional information that convinces us that the content should not have been removed, we may reinstate it.
You may want to consult with a lawyer before filing a notice or responding to a notice filed by someone else.
Send the notice to our Designated Agent:
Leader of Web and Mobile
7601 Penn Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55423
(We cannot accept attachments to an email. Please include all the required information in the body of the email. If you do send an attachment, we may not receive the notice and will not process it.)
Restrictions on Use
We give you permission to visit and use this Site and to display, download, or print portions of it temporarily for your personal, educational, and noncommercial use but only if you obey the law and comply with these restrictions and the other Terms.
You may view or download copies of the material on the Site only for your own personal use. You may not – and may not knowingly allow anyone else to – do any of the following things:
(1) Use the Site for commercial (money-making) purposes or otherwise use the Site for the benefit of anyone other than you or us.
(2) Use this Site for any illegal purpose or to transmit material that is, in HealthPartners’ sole discretion, unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person.
(3) Upload or transmit any communication or content that may infringe on or violate the rights of another person, including copyright or intellectual property of another.
(4) Reverse engineer or attempt to discover any underlying ideas, source code, processes, techniques, technology, design, formula, engineering, or algorithms of the Site.
(5) Reverse-engineer, disassemble, decompile, reproduce, transcribe, translate into any language or computer language, re-transmit in any form by any means, resell, or redistribute the Content without our prior written consent.
(6) Attempt to disable, “hack”, or otherwise interfere with the proper functioning of this Site.
The trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, and slogans (“Marks”) contained in the Site belong to HealthPartners, its subsidiaries and affiliates, or to another party that we have permission to use on our Site. You are not authorized to use a Mark in any advertisement, publicity, or in any other commercial manner without getting the written permission in advance of the owner of the Mark.
Our displaying someone else’s Mark does not mean that we endorse, sponsor, or recommend that party’s product, service, or process.
Links to Other Sites
The Site and Content may have links to web sites operated by third parties. We provide the links solely for convenience and reference and not because we endorse the content of anyone else’s web site. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information or materials on the other web sites.
While we try to keep the Content on the Site as accurate as possible, we cannot and do not guarantee the reliability, accuracy, completeness, or appropriateness of any information or Content on the Site (including links to other sites operated by third parties).
We do not make any promises about the results that may be obtained from using the Content on the Site. You therefore use the Content on the Site at your own risk.
The information and Content on the Site is provided as is without warranty of any kind, and we disclaim any express and implied warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
Limitation of Liability
We are not liable for any delay, inaccuracy, error, or omission with respect to the Site or the transmission or delivery of all or any part of it, or for any damage or results that arise from your use of the Site
Governing Law and Forum for Disputes
HealthPartners and this Site reside in the State of Minnesota. The existence of the Site and the fact that you can access it from anywhere is not intended and should not be construed to mean that we are conducting business in all states of the United States of America. Neither do we consent or submit to the personal jurisdiction of the state or federal courts in any state in the United States, except the State of Minnesota. By using our Site, you are agreeing that any claim or action arising directly or indirectly from the use of the Site will be construed in all respects under the laws of the State of Minnesota, exclusive of its choice of law or conflict of laws provisions.
8170 33rd Ave. S.
Bloomington, MN 55425
Attention: Office of Integrity and Compliance