Effective as of May 11, 2023
Ownership of Site and Reservation of Rights
Your Consent to Other Agreements
In order to sign up to use various special features or password-protected areas of this Site, you may have to agree to additional rules or other conditions. In such cases, we may ask you to expressly consent to those additional rules or conditions by, for example, checking a box or clicking on an “I agree” or similar button. This type of agreement is known as a “click-through agreement.”
No Medical Advice
Information we provide on the Site is intended for general educational purposes and is not intended to be medical advice to you or any other person. You should always consult with your own medical provider about your health and medical questions and never rely on this or any other website alone to make medical decisions.
We specifically do not intend for you to interpret anything on this Site as advocating the self-management of your health or medical condition or used as a substitute for professional medical advice. Never delay seeking medical advice or disregard any medical advice you have received from your provider because of anything you read on the Site.
Copyright and Intellectual Property
The copyright and other intellectual property for the Content of the Site is owned by HealthPartners, Inc. (“Content” includes text, graphics, images, and other material, and includes any software that permits you to visit or use the Site that we have developed or have a legal license to use.) Neither you nor anyone else has or gets any right, title or interest in and to the Content by simply visiting or using the site.
If Content violates your copyrights
Under the terms of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, if you send our “Designated Agent” (shown below) a notice that Content on our Site infringes your copyrights, we will promptly remove or disable access to the infringing Content.
A notice for this purpose must contain all of the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the right that you believe is being infringed; and
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you believe is being infringed; and
- A description of the Content that you believe is infringing and should be removed; and
- Enough information so we can find the infringing Content on our Site; and
- Enough information so that we can contact you, including your name, address, and telephone number and email address (or both); and
- A statement that you believe in good faith that use of the material in the manner complained about is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in your notice is accurate and, under the penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed
When we receive a notice that has this information, we will remove or disable access to the content in question.
We will notify the source of the infringing content of your complaint and our actions. In some cases, if the source of the content provides us with additional information that convinces us that the content should not have been removed, we may reinstate it.
You may want to consult with a lawyer before filing a notice or responding to a notice filed by someone else.
Send the notice to our Designated Agent at:
Leader of Web and Mobile
Attention: Leader of Web and Mobile
8170 33rd Ave. S.
Bloomington MN 55425
You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org, but please note we cannot accept attachments to an email. Please include all the required information in the body of the email – if you do attach an attachment, we may not receive the notice and will not process it.
Restrictions on Use
We give you permission to visit and use this Site and to display, download, or print portions of it temporarily for your personal, educational, and noncommercial use but only if you obey the law and comply with these restrictions and the other Terms.
You may view or download copies of the material on the Site only for your own personal use. You may not – and may not knowingly allow anyone else to – do any of the following things:
- Use the Site for commercial (money-making) purposes or otherwise use the Site for the benefit of anyone other than you or us.
- Use this Site for any illegal purpose or to transmit material that is, in HealthPartners's sole discretion, unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person.
- Upload or transmit any communication or content that may infringe on or violate the rights of another person, including copyright or intellectual property of another.
- Reverse engineer or attempt to discover any underlying ideas, source code, processes, techniques, technology, design, formula, engineering, or algorithms of the Site.
- Reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, reproduce, transcribe, translate into any language or computer language, re-transmit in any form by any means, resell, or redistribute the Content without our prior written consent.
- Attempt to disable, “hack”, or otherwise interfere with the proper functioning of this Site.
The trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, and slogans (“Marks”) contained in the Site belong to HealthPartners, its subsidiaries and affiliates, or to another party that we have allowed to place its Mark on our Site. You are not authorized to use a Mark in any advertisement, publicity, or in any other commercial manner without getting the written permission in advance of the owner of the Mark.
Our displaying someone else’s Mark does not mean that we endorse, sponsor, or recommend that party’s product, service, or process.
Links to Other Sites
The Site and Content may have links to websites operated by third parties. We provide the links solely for convenience and reference and not because we endorse the content of anyone else’s website. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information or materials on the other websites.
While we try to keep the Content on the Site as accurate as possible, we cannot and do not guarantee the reliability, accuracy, completeness, or appropriateness of any information or Content on the Site (including links to other sites operated by third parties).
We do not make any promises about the results that may be obtained from using the Content on the Site. You therefore use the Content on the Site at your own risk.
The information and Content on the Site is provided AS IS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND WE DISCLAIM ANY EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Limitation of Liability
We are not liable for any delay, inaccuracy, error, or omission with respect to the Site or the transmission or delivery of all or any part of it, or for any damage or results that arise from your use of the Site
Governing Law and Forum for Disputes
This Site resides in the State of Minnesota. The existence of the Site and the fact that you can access it from anywhere is not intended and should not be construed to mean that we are conducting business in all states of the United States of America. Neither do we consent or submit to the personal jurisdiction of the state or federal courts in any state in the United States, except the State of Minnesota. By using our Site, you are agreeing that any claim or action arising directly or indirectly from the use of the Site will be construed in all respects under the laws of the State of Minnesota, exclusive of its choice of law or conflict of laws provisions.
Attention: Office of Integrity and Compliance
8170 33rd Ave. S.
Bloomington, MN 55425