Title: Clinical researcher
Affiliations/other offices held: Clinical cardiac electrophysiologist, medical director of cardiology research at Park Nicollet Methodist Hospital.
Joined the Institute: 2005
Education and training: MD, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis; internship and residency in internal medicine, University of California, San Francisco Affiliated Hospitals; fellowship, cardiovascular research (National Institutes of Health grant), Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, and clinical cardiology and electrophysiology fellow, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles.
- Clinical trials in heart rhythm disturbances or electrophysiology, including ablation procedures, catheters, and mapping equipment
- Pacemaker and implantable cardioverter defibrillator-related trials
Current research activities and funding:
- CABANA (National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute): study of atrial fibrillation ablation vs medical treatment
- Medtronic Product Surveillance Registry
- Medtronic Attain Stability Study