Title: Senior research investigator
Joined the Institute: 2008
Education and training: PharmD, North Dakota State University; pharmacy practice residency and oncology pharmacy practice residency, University of Kentucky; clinical pharmacology fellowship, University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center.
Overview/research interests: Optimizing patient outcomes by improving medication management through the application of pharmacogenomics, medication therapy management and medication surveillance.
Current research activities and funding:
Cancer Treatment and Supportive Care Outcomes
- CRN4: Cancer Research Resources & Collaboration in Integrated Health Care Systems (NCI)
- Pilot Testing a Biorepository Framework to Enable Genomic Research at HP (HPI)
- Treatment, Experiences and Barriers among Elderly Colorectal Cancer Patients (PCORI)
- Implementing Universal Lynch Syndrome Screening across Multiple Healthcare Systems: Identifying Strategies to Facilitate and Maintain Programs in Different Organizational Contexts (NCI)
Medication Safety and Adverse Event Surveillance
- Medication Exposure in Pregnancy Risk Evaluation Program (MEPREP) Maintenance (FDA)
- Evaluation of the Risk of Neural Tube Defects Among Live Births Exposed to Maternal Prescription Opioids During Early Pregnancy (FDA)
- FDA Sentinel Initiative (FDA)
- Innovation in Medical Evidence and Development Surveillance (IMEDS) Signal Refinement and Signal Characterization Bundles (public-private
- Biologics and Biosimilars Collective Intelligence Consortium (BBCIC) Comparative Effectiveness of Biosimilars (public-private)