HealthPartners Knowledge Exchange
The HealthPartners Knowledge Exchange is a publicly available repository of research and scholarly material generated by staff and collaborators. The Knowledge Exchange enables discovery, collaboration, and learning across institutions. The content accessible through the Knowledge Exchange's search and browse capability will therefore reside and be controlled locally or linked to the journal sites where the articles were published.
The Knowledge Exchange is built on local instance of the VIVO platform. Vivo is an open-source semantic web application originally developed and implemented at Cornell University. When installed and populated with content at an institution, it enables the discovery of research and scholarship across disciplines at that institution. VIVO supports browsing and a search function which returns faceted results for rapid retrieval of desired information. Content in any local VIVO installation may be maintained manually or brought into the database in automated ways from local systems of record.
See more information on the VIVO Project. The VIVO Project was supported by National Institutes of Health grant no. 1U24RR029822-01. The HealthPartners Institute VIVO project resides in the Institute’s Research Library, with support from the Research Librarian, Software Engineering Team, and the office of the HealthPartners Institute President and Chief Science Officer.
HealthPartners Knowledge Exchange Editorial Board
It is the purpose of the Knowledge Exchange Editorial Board to provide strategic guidance for the operation of the Knowledge Exchange as a source of trustworthy information to the system-at-large and the broader community.
Responsibilities of the Editorial Board
Members of the Editorial Board are asked to establish and maintain proper guidance for the ongoing design, development, and operations of the Knowledge Exchange. This guidance is expected to:
- Be in alignment with the HealthPartners mission, vision, and guiding principles.
- Position the Knowledge Exchange as a central resource within a large integrated health system.
- Position the Knowledge Exchange as a central resource of HealthPartners as a Learning Health System.
- Develop strategic approaches for the synthesis and communication of the content within the Knowledge Exchange.
- Identify potential new uses of the Knowledge Exchange that can be used effectively for the education and development of HealthPartners staff and the community.
- Identify ways in which the content of the Knowledge Exchange can be used to enhance the reputation of HealthPartners as a trustworthy source of information and knowledge.
- Take a journalistic approach to synthesize the knowledge products housed in the Knowledge Exchange in order to showcase content pertinent to achieving the HealthPartners mission and vision.
- Participate in the strategic development of future functionality and/or content needed to advance the vision of the Knowledge Exchange as a central knowledgebase of scholarly, quality improvement, and educational content for the enterprise.
- Identify potential content and act as stewards of the resources housed in the Knowledge Exchange.
- Promote the use of the Knowledge Exchange as source for knowledge at HealthPartners and among their peers nationally and globally.
- Contribute to the culture of learning, exploration, and discovery for HealthPartners.
David Dries, MD
Santhosh Anand Ramia
Jen Augustson, MPH
Nico Pronk, Ph.D.
Felix Ankel, MD
Benoit Blondeau, MD
Ralph Bovard, MD
Nima Desai, MD
Eli Gertner, MD
Benji Matthews, MD
Brad Nelson, MD
Nico Pronk, PhD
Brian Rank, MD
Gregg Simonson, PhD
Jeremy Springer, MD
Priya Sury, MD, PhD
Jeanette Ziegenfuss, PhD
Dylan Zylla, MD