At HealthPartners and Park Nicollet, we merge the science and intellect of medicine with the compassion, spirit and humanity of the heart. That Head + Heart, Together culture fosters trusted relationships, powerful innovations and excellence in practice. We’re honored to partner with you to deliver outstanding care that improves the health and well-being of our communities.
Park Nicollet PathWay Medical Laboratories is a dedicated community outreach laboratory. We provide services to skilled nursing and assisted living facilities, physician offices and home health services. Our HealthPartners network of laboratories offers more than 500 in-house and contracted tests, including general chemistry, microbiology, pathology and advanced molecular testing. Our care team includes mobile phlebotomists, pathologists, pathologist assistants, medical laboratory technicians, medical laboratory scientists, histotechnicians, cytotechnologists, specimen processors and client services personnel.
Since our beginnings in 1983, our commitment to patient service has made us one of the most extensive hospital-based laboratories in Minnesota. Our phlebotomy teams pick up specimens for testing every day, traveling throughout the greater Twin Cities area. We deliver specimen collection supplies and forms, and we also connect to electronic health records to return results quickly.
At HealthPartners Institute, we conduct hundreds of research studies every year to better understand how to treat illness, prevent disease and improve health outcomes. Our research spans 15 specialty areas and advances the latest local and national priorities in science, health and well-being. Our research also supports the priorities of HealthPartners: improving health, experience and affordability for our members, patients and the community.
We collaborate with researchers and quality improvement groups across the country. We welcome your interest in working with us in many areas of research, including health services, survey-based work, behavioral interventions, clinical trials and basic science.
Educating the next generation of physicians, pharmacists, physician assistants and nurse practitioners, we train more than 700 residents and fellows and 1,200 students every year across our health system.
Our continuing medical education (CME) programs are designed to cultivate a lifelong commitment to learning and to improve patient outcomes through optimized care, health and well-being.
Our Medical Staff office serves as a liaison between the medical staff, administration, departments and hospital affiliations. Our core services include:
- Overseeing medical staff governance
- Overseeing accreditation and regulatory requirements for medical staff
- Assisting with medical staff membership, privileging and credentialing processes and issues
- Providing administrative support to medical staff leaders and meetings
- Providing orientation services for new providers
- Providing medical staff bylaws
- Informing providers of key medical staff/hospital issues and current events
- Facilitating hospital continuing medical education programs (Lakeview)
- Overseeing the physician lounge (Regions and Methodist)
- Overseeing credentialing and privileging, which are two separate processes:
- Credentialing – Primary source verification of a health care practitioner’s education, training, work experience, licensure and other related information provided by the applicant
- Privileging – Granting approval for a practitioner to perform a specific procedure or scope of practice, based on documented competence in the specialty in which privileges are requested
If you have any questions, please contact the following for assistance:
Our clinical pastoral education (CPE) program at Park Nicollet Methodist Hospital focuses on integrating personal awareness, theological education and pastoral care practice. A diverse range of clinical settings provides excellent opportunities – including residencies – for learning and ministry.