Our team of plastic surgeons is the largest in the Twin Cities and offers a full range of plastic and reconstructive surgery options.
You’ll get clear answers about what plastic surgery procedure is best for you, with a team of experts ready to help you prepare and recover.
We understand that plastic surgery affects patients on a very personal level. We start by making sure we understand your goals and can answer all your questions.
When you’ve had an injury or illness that changed your appearance, or when a condition prevents you from fully using a part of your body, plastic surgery can help restore, rebuild or regain appearance and function.
At HealthPartners and Park Nicollet, we offer safe, effective treatments in our hospitals and nationally accredited outpatient surgery centers. Our doctors are board-certified or board-eligible by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. They are also members or candidates for active membership of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Our surgeons work closely with other specialists like oncologists, dermatologists and pediatricians to choose the procedures that will best help you achieve your goals.
We perform a wide range of plastic and reconstructive surgeries. Reconstructive surgery is typically considered to be medically necessary. These surgeries can restore function, repair your body after illness or injury, or correct a birth defect. Common reconstructive surgeries include:
- Breast reconstruction
- Breast reduction
- Cleft lip and cleft palate repair
- Eye lid surgery (blepharoplasty)
- Gender affirmation
- Hand surgery
- Mohs defect surgery
- Post-bariatric body contouring
- Reconstruction surgery after burns
- Repair of facial fractures
- Skin grafts and scar revisions
Our supportive team of plastic surgeons, nurses and other experts take care of you every step of the way. For every type of plastic surgery we offer, you’ll find:
- Surgery or medical treatment options – We’ll help you fully understand your treatment options so that you can choose care that’s right for you.
- Surgery customized to your situation – Everyone’s challenges are different. We’ll customize surgery to your health, goals and lifestyle.
- Easy to make appointments – Getting started is as easy as choosing a doctor and making your first appointment.
- Coordination with doctors and other care providers – Many of our patients have complex health histories managed by a larger care team. We’ll coordinate with your other doctors so that you get the best possible care.
Reconstructive surgery helps address birth defects and developmental abnormalities, as well as the effects of injuries, infection and illness. Reconstructive surgery can correct a cleft palate, help reduce the limitations caused by scar tissue or reconstruct breast tissue after a mastectomy.
Cosmetic surgery is elective and helps reshape body parts to improve appearance.
It’s a good idea to choose a doctor who is board-certified or board-eligible in plastic surgery by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. To be board certified, your surgeon must have graduated from an accredited medical school and completed at least five years of medical training.
Because plastic surgery can be complex, many experts recommend that patients look for a plastic surgeon who will partner with their care team to achieve the best possible surgical outcome.
At HealthPartners and Park Nicollet, our plastic surgeons work closely with our other specialists such as oncologists, dermatologists, pediatricians and primary care doctors to provide seamless care for our patients.
We accept most health insurance plans, including Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota, CIGNA, HealthPartners, Medica, Medicare, PreferredOne and many others.
Not sure what your insurance covers? Call the number on the back of your card for help looking at your options.
Don’t have your card in front of you? Here are member services numbers to help you get started:
- HealthPartners: 800-883-2177
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota: 800-382-2000
- CIGNA: 800-244-6224 (insurance through work); 866-494-2111 (insurance directly or through the Exchange)
- Medica: 800-952-3455
- Medicare: 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227)
- PreferredOne: 763-847-4477 (in the Twin Cities); 800-997-1750 (outside the metro area)
- United Healthcare: 877-842-3210