How your gifts make our community healthier
Heart monitoring equipment, a sensory gym for kids, college educations for budding health professionals… these are just some of the initiatives the Hutchinson Health Foundation has helped fund. We support many diverse programs. And they all focus on improving our friends’ and neighbors’ health and well-being – both today and tomorrow.
Your donations turn this vision into reality. Everything we do – from complex multiyear hospital expansions to helping patients get to appointments – depends on you. Thank you for your continued partnership.
Our funding priorities at Hutchinson Health Foundation
Gifts to our General Fund are unrestricted, which means we can use them to respond flexibly no matter what health care challenges our communities face. Thanks to your support, we’re able to quickly send funds where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
Funds contributed by donors support projects, educational programs, equipment and other related services that enhance patient care at Hutchinson Health. Foundation support is also instrumental in realizing major hospital capital expansions, including the surgical intensive care unit, the cancer center, multiple waiting room renovations and more.
The General Endowment Fund provides a permanent source of funds for capital purchases while also advancing our mission. An endowment is a permanent asset of an organization that’s invested to earn income. Thanks to gifts to our General Endowment Fund, we can maintain programs over a long period of time and secure the work of the Foundation well into the future.
To foster better health and well-being in our communities, we award community and internal grants every year for:
- Health education programs
- Programs and projects that improve health and health care services
- New community health initiatives
Since its inception in 1984, the Foundation has funded hundreds of grant requests. We’ve awarded a total of over $500,000 to support local health projects and ideas.
The next grant window will open January 2023 and close February 24, 2023.
The Hutchinson Health Foundation Scholarship Program offers $15,000 in annual funding to create bright futures for students pursuing health care degrees or training.
Available scholarships include:
- Hutchinson Health Foundation Scholarships – Four scholarships of $1,000 available to graduating high school seniors. Participating schools are Hutchinson High School, New Century Academy, Buffalo Lake-Hector-Stewart High School and Dassel-Cokato High School. Students can obtain instructions from their counseling center on application and deadline perimeters.
- Knudtson Scholarships – Doctors Josh and Erin Knudtson fund two $1,000 scholarships available to graduating seniors from Hutchinson High School. Students can obtain instructions for their counseling center on application and deadline perimeters.
- McKay Family Legacy Scholarship – One $1,000 scholarship available to a community member or graduating high school senior pursuing a career as a firefighter, peace officer, emergency medical technician (EMT) or paramedic. Preference will be given to applicants who are also a child, grandchild, sibling, niece or nephew of someone who has worked or volunteered in one of these professions.
Download an application for the McKay Family Legacy Scholarship (PDF). Application deadline May 5, 2023 at 12:00 p.m.
- Ridgewater Scholarship – One $1,000 scholarship available to a nursing student at Ridgewater College. Students can obtain application and deadline perimeters from the Ridgewater Resource Center.
- Hutchinson Health Employees’ Child Scholarship – Two $1,000 scholarships available to children of Hutchinson Health employees. Recipients must be pursuing an undergraduate degree in a human health care-related field.
Download an application for the Hutchinson Health Employees’ Child Scholarship (PDF). Application deadline is May 5, 2023 at 12:00 p.m.
- Hutchinson Health Employee Scholarship – One $1,000 scholarship available to a current Hutchinson Health employee pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in a human health care-related field.
Download an application for the Hutchinson Health Employee Scholarship (PDF). Application deadline is May 5, 2023 at 12:00 p.m.
- Hutchinson Health Foundation Graduate Scholarship – Two $1,000 scholarships available to students pursuing a graduate degree in a human health care-related field.
Download an application for the Hutchinson Health Foundation Graduate Scholarship (PDF). Application deadline is May 5, 2023 at 12:00 p.m.
Health and well-being
We support health and well-being initiatives in our communities through programs such as PowerUp, which inspires kids and families to eat better, move more and feel good. We also help our neighbors find vital mental and behavioral health care through local programs.
Discover your impact: 2021 Annual Report
In 2021, our foundation’s mission remained constant even in the face of constant change due to the pandemic’s lingering presence. With your support, we were able to provide our community with the opportunity for a better quality of care, right here at home.
Thank you for your continued generosity and collaboration. Together, we make central Minnesota a healthier place to live and work.