HealthPartners birth centers announce 2021’s most popular baby names
Minnesota and western Wisconsin families chose baby names Nora and Henry most often
BLOOMINGTON, Minn. — Each year, HealthPartners birth center teams deliver nearly 10,000 babies in the organization’s nine hospitals and surrounding areas across Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Trends in baby names reflect an area's changing demographics, and our birth center teams are seeing increasing diversity in the names parents select for their children. Across HealthPartners there were more than 1,950 unique names given to babies born in 2021. Birth center teams found that Nora was the most popular name chosen for girls in 2021, while Henry was the most popular name selected for boys. The teams also support families that choose non-gender-conforming names for children at birth.
Below are the complete 2021 top baby names lists for girls and boys.
Top 2021 girls' names:
Top 2021 boys' names:
Most popular baby names by year
HealthPartners birth center teams enjoy examining and reporting the most popular baby names of a given year. Here's our 2020 list:
HealthPartners birth centers are located across the Twin Cities, central Minnesota and western Wisconsin:
- Amery Hospital Birth Center (Wisconsin)
- Hudson Hospital Birth Center (Wisconsin)
- Hutchinson Health BirthCare Center
- Lakeview Hospital Birth and Women's Center (Stillwater)
- Methodist Hospital Family Birth Center (St. Louis Park)
- Olivia Hospital Birth Center
- Regions Hospital Family Birth Center (St. Paul)
- Westfields Hospital Birth Center (New Richmond, Wisconsin)
Our care providers also deliver babies at several other locations:
- Family Birth Center — Maple Grove Hospital
- The Mother Baby Center at Abbott Northwestern and Children's Minnesota (Minneapolis)
- The Mother Baby Center at Mercy with Children's Minnesota (Coon Rapids)
- St. Francis Family Birth Place (Shakopee)
- The Birthplace at M Health Fairview Ridges Hospital (Burnsville)
HealthPartners is the largest consumer-governed, non-profit health care organization in the nation with a mission to improve health and well-being in partnership with members, patients and the community. For more information, visit healthpartners.com.