Stay healthy while traveling
International travel is exciting. But it can sometimes expose us to health dangers. Whether you’re going to South America or Greece, you want a safe trip. Get help staying healthy while you travel. Visit HealthPartners travel medicine experts. Anyone preparing for a trip abroad should visit our travel medicine clinic. Ideally, visit 6-8 weeks before travel.
What can I expect at a HealthPartners Travel and Tropical Medicine Clinic?
- Five convenient locations in the Twin Cities
- Appointments for individuals, groups or families
- Latest travel recommendations and warnings
- Doctors familiar with illnesses uncommon in the United States
- Travel immunizations, following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines
What can my travel clinic help with?
- Medical consultations before you travel, based on your travel destinations and medical history
- Travel vaccinations (tuberculosis vaccine, hepatitis A vaccine, yellow fever vaccine and others)
- Physical exam and lab work for visa application
- Prescription medicine for common travel health problems (traveler's diarrhea, malaria, typhoid and more)
- Diagnosis and treatment if you’re sick after international travel
- Tips and educational materials about your travel destination (food, water, insects, weather, politics and general safety)