Affiliations/other offices held: Faculty Physician, HealthPartners Occupational and Environmental Medicine Residency Program; Affiliate Associate Professor, University of Minnesota School of Public Health, Division of Environmental Health Sciences
Joined the Institute: 2016
Education and training: MD and Master of Health Informatics, University of Minnesota Medical School and Institute for Health Informatics; Master of Public Health, University of Minnesota School of Public Health; HealthPartners Occupational and Environmental Medicine Residency
Overview/research interests: Dr. McKinney’s clinical research interests are in preventing work-related illness and injury, improving data-driven decision-making in clinical contexts, environmental toxicology, public safety medicine, managing complex impairment/disability and increasing the health literacy of patients and communities.
Research activities and funding:
• Co-investigator, Pragmatic Trial Comparing Telehealth Care and Optimized Clinic-Based Care for Uncontrolled High Blood Pressure. Funder: Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute
• Principal investigator, Comparison of Body Composition Methods, Cardiorespiratory Fitness, and Obesity in Firefighters. Funder: Hologic, Inc.
• Principal investigator, "Firefighter Soot, Sauna, and Sweat Excretion Pilot Study” funded by the City of St. Paul & the St. Paul Fire Department.
• Co-investigator, Optimizing the Value of PROMs in Improving Care Delivery through Health Information Technology, Funder: AHRQ
• Co-Principal investigator, Automation and Expansion of Occupational Health Surveillance Systems, funded by the Regions Hospital Red Fund
Specialty: Occupational Medicine
Title: Assistant Director, Occupational Medicine Residency Program
Faculty Appointment: Core faculty, Occupational Medicine Residency Program
Education and Training:
Medical School: University of Minnesota Medical School