Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
This baked fish recipe can be served with vegetables and rice, pasta or potatoes. The recommended minimum internal temperature for fish is 145°F as measured by a food thermometer.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 pound fish fillets (whitefish, trout, or tilapia)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place about a 12-inch piece of foil on the counter. Coat the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the fillets in the middle of the foil. If the fillets have skin, place the skin side down.
- Spread the onions, salt, pepper, and oil on top of the fillets. If using lemon pepper seasoning, add
- Fold the foil over the fish to wrap it. Place foil pouch on a baking sheet, and place it in the
- Bake the fish for 15 to 20 minutes until the fish is flaky when tested with a fork.
- Divide into four portions and serve.
Recipe and photo courtesy of What’s Cooking? USDA Mixing Bowl