You want the best health, so it makes sense that you want the best health care team, too. At HealthPartners, we have hundreds of incredible care providers, giving you many choices when looking for a doctor who fits your needs and care preferences.
Our doctors are often recognized for providing the highest level of care. In fact, 90 doctors were recently named to Minnesota Monthly’s 2023 Top Doctors list. For some, this is a repeat honor, having made the list in previous years. Some are also among those named 2023 Rising Stars and Top Doctors by Mpls.St.Paul Magazine.
To create their yearly Top Doctors list, Minnesota Monthly contacts thousands of doctors in the Twin Cities metro area and Olmsted County. Each doctor is asked to share three doctors within each specialty area that they’d recommend to others. The honorees for the year are those with the most votes.
If you’re looking for your own “top doctor” to be part of your care team, you want someone you’re comfortable with and trust to help you reach your health goals. Below, you’ll be able to meet this year’s Top Doctors and explore doctors across a variety of specialties.
Our 2023 Minnesota Monthly Top Doctor honorees
Select a specialty to learn more about top doctors and find your own top doctor.
Find an award-winning addiction medicine specialist to help with diagnosis, treatment and recovery.
Allergy and immunology
Depend on our top-rated allergists to help you get relief from seasonal, skin and food allergies.
Cardiology and cardiac surgery
Our board-certified cardiologists and cardiac surgeons provide complete heart health, including preventive care, managing chronic conditions and recovery support.
Colon and rectal surgeon
Our award-winning colon and rectal surgeons provide expert care for colon cancer, rectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, hemorrhoids, fissures, fistulas and more.
If you’d like to enhance your appearance, our award-winning cosmetic surgeons can help.
- Jason L. Buseman, MD | Park Nicollet Plastic Surgery, Saint Louis Park
- Anthony J. DeAngelis, MD | Park Nicollet Plastic Surgery, Saint Louis Park
- Harley Seth Dresner, MD | HealthPartners Specialty Center, Saint Paul
- Sue-Mi C. Tuttle, MD | Park Nicollet Plastic Surgery, Saint Louis Park
- Jane A. Nemecek, MD | Park Nicollet Plastic Surgery, Saint Louis Park
Critical care medicine
Our award-winning critical care doctors provide compassionate care for life-threatening injuries and illnesses.
Depend on top-rated dermatologists to provide expert care for your skin, hair and nails, helping to manage conditions like acne and hair loss, and monitoring your skin for signs of cancer.
Endocrinology and metabolism
Our award-winning doctors care for a range of endocrine conditions, including diabetes, thyroid disease, bone and calcium disorders, adrenal disease and hypogonadism – in both children and adults.
Find top-rated family medicine doctors to provide a range of care to people of all ages – everything from treating minor injuries to managing conditions like allergies.
Find award-winning digestive health care for celiac disease, gastric reflux, liver and pancreatic disorders, gastrointestinal cancers, irritable bowel syndrome and more.
- Samantha A. Stoven, MD | Park Nicollet Digestive and Endoscopy Center at Methodist Hospital, Saint Louis Park
- Thomas J. Maust, MD | Park Nicollet Digestive and Endoscopy Center at Methodist Hospital, Saint Louis Park
Our talented surgeons perform a range of surgeries. No matter what type of surgery you need, you'll find compassionate expertise and a customized treatment plan.
- Thomas H. Blee, MD | HealthPartners Regions Specialty Clinics, Saint Paul
- Mary Beth Colbert, MD | HealthPartners Park Nicollet Specialty Center, Saint Louis Park
- Bela S. Denes, MD | Park Nicollet Specialty Center at Methodist Hospital, Saint Louis Park
- Brian C. Grubbs, MD | Park Nicollet Specialty Center at Methodist Hospital, Saint Louis Park
- Jennifer A. Haas, MD | HealthPartners Specialty Center – Surgery, Saint Paul
- Keith M. Heaton, MD | Park Nicollet Specialty Center at Methodist Hospital, Saint Louis Park
- Kevin J. Ose, MD | Park Nicollet Specialty Center at Methodist Hospital, Saint Louis Park
- Kristen N. Ritter , MD | Park Nicollet Jane Brattain Breast Center, Saint Louis Park
- Paul S. Vietzen, MD | Park Nicollet Specialty Center at Methodist Hospital, Saint Louis Park
Depend on our award-winning experts for compassionate care and guidance for gynecologic cancers such as uterine cancer, endometrial cancer and cervical cancer.
- Adrianne R. Mallen, MD | HealthPartners Regions Specialty Clinics, Saint Paul
Our hand surgeons provide expert care for hand, arm and elbow injuries, strains, defects, arthritis and more.
- Deborah C. Bohn, MD | TRIA Orthopedic Center, Bloomington
- Yvonne M. Grierson, MD | TRIA Orthopedic Center, Bloomington
- Jeffrey B. Husband, MD | TRIA Orthopedic Center, Bloomington
- Thomas F. Varecka, MD | TRIA Orthopedic Center, Bloomington
- Thomas M. Walsh IV, MD | TRIA Orthopedics, Saint Louis Park
Hospice and palliative medicine
Our award-winning hospice and palliative medicine specialists help patients find expert care and peace of mind during serious or terminal illness.
Whether you’re in the hospital for a scheduled surgery or for energy care, you can expect to receive compassionate and expert support from our incredible hospitalists.
Our experts help with rare or hard-to-treat infections, including HIV/AIDs and other bacterial, viral, fungal or parasitic infections.
Our top-rated internal medicine doctors care for adults, providing preventive care, health screenings, condition management and treatment for illness and injury.
Maternal and fetal medicine
Our highly trained maternal and fetal medicine specialists provide expert care and support during complicated pregnancies, gestational diabetes, preeclampsia and birth defects.
Our neurologists provide expert care for conditions such as stroke, dementia, epilepsy, Parkinson's, multiple sclerosis, severe pain and more.
Obstetrics and gynecology
Our OB-GYNs support women throughout their adult lives and provide guidance for pregnancy, birth control, periods and menopause.
Work with a first-rate occupational therapist to develop the strength and control you need for your job and your life.
Oncology and hematology
Depend on expert oncologists to provide award-winning cancer care that’s personalized to each patient, using the latest medical knowledge, advanced therapies and innovative treatments.
- Balkrishna N. Jahagirdar, MBBS | HealthPartners Cancer Center at Regions Hospital, Saint Paul
- Randy Hurley, MD | HealthPartners Cancer Center at Regions Hospital, Saint Paul
- Steven E. McCormack, MD | HealthPartners Cancer Center at Regions Hospital, Saint Paul
- Mark R. Menge, MD | HealthPartners Frauenshuh Cancer Center, Saint Louis Park
- Mark A. Wilkowske, MD | HealthPartners Frauenshuh Cancer Center, Saint Louis Park
Find award-winning eye care, for everything from routine eye exams to treatments such as cataracts, macular degeneration, strabismus, amblyopia and chronic dry eyes.
Our orthopedic surgeons provide award-winning care for the entire musculoskeletal system – from head injuries to foot injuries and everything in between.
Our ear, nose and throat (ENT) doctors provide expert care for conditions such as chronic infections, tinnitus, vertigo, hearing loss, tonsillitis and sinusitis.
Our pathologists use laboratory techniques can help find answers during the diagnosis or treatment of different diseases and medical conditions.
If you have chronic pain, our pain specialists can work with you to develop a treatment plan that gets you back to enjoying life once again.
Discover award-winning reconstructive surgery to help you achieve your goals.
Our award-winning psychiatrists provide compassionate mental health support for people of all ages.
- Christine R. Stanson, MD | Regions Hospital, Saint Paul
Our radiologists deliver expert care by analyzing images to help diagnose, monitor and treat different conditions and injuries.
Respiratory and pulmonary care
Our pulmonologists provide expert care for your lungs. We treat lung disease, pneumonia, infections, emphysema, asthma and other breathing problems.
Our rehabilitation specialists include speech therapists, physical therapists, occupational therapists and more.
Our expert rheumatologists treat painful conditions that affect your joints, muscles and ligaments, including rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, gout, psoriatic arthritis, scleroderma and vasculitis.
Our sleep medicine experts treat sleep apnea, snoring, narcolepsy, shift work disorder, restless leg syndrome and other conditions.
Get award-winning sports injury care, rehab, exercise training and nutrition advice from top-rated sports medicine specialists.
Our top-rated thoracic surgeons provide chest surgery for heart disease, cancer and swallowing problems.
Our urogynecologists provide expert care for female incontinence and pelvic floor concerns.
The best care for all your needs
These Top Doctors are just some of our expert primary care doctors and specialists across the Twin Cities and western Wisconsin. We have hundreds of doctors ready to provide personalized support for all your care needs.