How your donations make a difference
At the Hudson Hospital Foundation, we support Hudson Hospital & Clinic, local nonprofits, students, community organizations and many others who are committed to creating a healthier future.
No matter which fund or initiative calls to you, all our programs rely on your donations. But a donation is more than just a gift – it means you’re working side-by-side with us to help hundreds of patients and neighbors find the health care resources they need. Our work is only possible thanks to your continued partnership.
Our funding priorities at Hudson Hospital Foundation
Medical support funds make additional resources available so our hospital and clinic employees can deliver exceptional care experiences.
Patient education, upgraded equipment, innovative services, support groups and program operations are just some of the things made possible by gifts to these funds:
- Cancer Care & Infusion Center Fund
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Fund
- Covid-19 Response and Relief Fund
- Emergency Care Fund
- Infant and Maternal Health Fund
- Programs for Change
Program support funds enable us to provide nonmedical, community-centered health resources. Through education, integrative therapies and crisis assistance, these funds recognize that a better future means building toward better health care:
- Healing Arts Fund – The Healing Arts Fund began in 2003 and is used for purchasing permanent, original art pieces, including paintings, photographs, pottery and sculptures within the hospital and our outside gardens.
- AED Program (Public Defibrillator Fund) – This program is a community-wide approach to saving lives together. Donations increase community awareness of and access to automated external defibrillators (AEDs) in heart-related emergencies.
- Nursing Education Fund – The Nursing Education Fund supports continuing education, credit reimbursement and seminar fees for nurses so they can keep learning and growing throughout their careers.
- Good Samaritan Fund – Gifts to the Good Samaritan Fund help patients with financial hardships. The fund can help provide prescription and transportation assistance, medical supplies, food, clothing, and more depending on each person’s needs.
- Employee Emergency Grant Fund – Hudson Hospital & Clinic employees who have an unexpected emergency can apply for financial grants to help them feel less stressed and more focused at work. Donations replenish the grant fund.
Board-designated endowments are special perpetual funds that hold invested gifts. With our endowments, we intend to maintain our principal balance and use the interest earned for the future benefit of our hospital, clinic and programs. We currently have two endowment funds donors can contribute to:
- Board-designated Endowment Fund
- Healing Arts Endowment Fund
- Beth Polgreen Volunteer Recognition Endowment Fund
We award grants to community organizations and programs that complement our mission of improving the health and well-being of our patients, families and communities through partnerships and philanthropy. Grant applications are due on March 15, 2023 and September 15, 2023. For more information, see our grant guidelines (PDF) and grant application (PDF).
We also award scholarships to graduating high school seniors in Hudson and surrounding communities who intend to start studying for a health care career at a college or university. For more information, see the scholarship guidelines and application (PDF).
In 2020, we raised $995,965, including $211,000 to support infant and maternal health needs at this most important time of life.
The newly renovated and expanded Hudson Hospital Emergency Center opened its doors to patients on June 22, 2020. Thanks in part to community donations, the expansion project:
- Improved security and access to the Emergency Center
- Enhanced the Emergency Center healing environment for patients, family members and visitors
- Doubled the number of patient care rooms
- Increased the size of patient care rooms, creating better work spaces for patient care teams and portable modern equipment
- Created safer rooms for patients experiencing behavioral health crisis
We could not have finished this transformative expansion without our donors. You helped make this vision a reality.
Discover your impact: 2021 Annual Report to the Community
In spite of another challenging pandemic year, our Hudson community continued to find hope and healing in the important work we do. Your support – and your personal stories – sustained us through difficult times and times of celebration.
Being part of your story by providing care to this community is a privilege we promise to never take lightly. Thank you for your partnership this past year; we look forward to deepening that relationship in 2022.