Our commitment to providing a healthier and cleaner community.
Safe medication disposal
- Our medicine take-back program has disposed of 8,000 pounds of medication the right way.
- More than 7,000 people used the medicine take-back program since the program began in 2011.
- HealthPartners offers 25 total collection sites in St. Cloud and the Twin Cities, with more coming soon.
- Make a difference today by safely disposing of your medications.
- We’re working to reduce paper use, and you can help. Sign up for Paperless Explanation of Benefits (EOB).
- We’ve reduced paper usage by more than 5.4 percent in 2015, saving the organization over $500,000.
- Since 2011 our energy savings initiatives have saved almost $2,000,000 and made our facilities more efficient.
- We received over $220,000 in energy efficiency rebates from our utility vendors to make energy improvements.
- We’ve got solar power. In the fall of 2014, Westfields Hospital & Clinic installed two solar panels, and our Plymouth clinic, opened in November 2014, has solar panels.
- In 2015, Methodist Hospital, Lakeview Hospital, Westfields Hospital & Clinic and the HealthPartners Inver Grove Heights clinic signed Community Solar Garden subscription agreements.
- Since 2014 our telemedicine programs like virtuwell have prevented the emissions of almost 1,000,000 tons of carbon dioxide. That’s, the equivalent of taking 90 cars off the road for one year.
- More than 213,000 pounds of organics were diverted from trash to organics and food waste recycling programs in 2015 at our administrative building, Lakeview Hospital, Regions Hospital and Hudson Hospital.
- We recycled over 1,140 tons of materials in 2015, saving the organization over $130,000.
- Our ORs removed over 220 tons of materials from the waste stream in 2015, for a savings of $900,000.
- In 2016, Methodist Hospital implemented an organics recycling program in our cafeteria and kitchen.
- We have nine green teams across our organization that work hard on leading our sustainability initiatives.
- Green teams are based at our administrative building in Bloomington, Hudson Hospital & Clinic, Lakeview Hospital, Methodist Hospital, Regions Hospital, Westfields Hospital & Clinic, Amery Hospital & Clinic and we have several green teams for our clinics.
- We’re leaders in the sustainability community. HealthPartners was the first health system in Minnesota to sign the Health Care Climate Council declaration. We’re also in leadership roles at many local, state and national groups including the MN Sustainable Growth Coalition, HEARRT, Clean Air Minnesota, the Woman’s Environmental Network and the MN Waste Wise Foundation.
- Check out more about our culture of sustainability in the 2015 HealthPartners Annual Report.
- HealthPartners won the 2016 System for Change Award for our comprehensive sustainability program for the second year in a row.
- Park Nicollet Health Services was recognized with a state award from the Minnesota Waste Wise Foundation for leadership in sustainability.
- HealthPartners has received high honors nationally from Practice Greenhealth, the leading health care sustainability community, winning fifteen awards in 2016.
- Regions Hospital received a 2016 St. Paul sustainability award.
- Westfields Hospital & Clinic and Hudson Hospital & Clinic have received the Wisconsin Sustainable Business Council Green Masters awards, while Amery Hospital & Clinic received the Green Professional award.
Our environmental stewardship commitment
HealthPartners is committed to caring for the places where we live and work so we can provide a healthier and cleaner community for our employees, members, patients and future generations.
- Expand the use of sustainable and earth-friendly practices that help us work smarter, be healthier and save money
- Encourage employees to participate in and champion or support sustainability practices, both at work and at home
- Measure and monitor our progress toward our sustainability goals