- We're experiencing longer wait times in our clinics and hospitals. To get the care you need faster, we recommend Virtuwell, our 24/7 online clinic. Virtuwell treats over 60 conditions, including skin conditions, pink eye and other common infections.
- We’ve changed how we deliver video visits. Instead of using Google Duo, video visits are now accessed through your online account. Begin your video visit through Appointment details in your online account. Patients unable to join via online account and patients age 13-17 will receive a text with a link to join the video visit at the time of appointment. Text messages are sent to the mobile number listed on the patient’s chart.
Whether another sinus infection is settling in or your little one is spiking a fever, you just want to feel better fast. And urgent care video visits help make that possible.
Video visits bring you face-to-face with a team of urgent care doctors and clinicians so you can get expert treatment and care quickly – and all from the comfort of home.
Just like a walk-in visit, your doctor or clinician will listen to your health concerns and symptoms, ask questions to understand your medical history and work with you to create a tailored treatment plan. Video visits are billed the same as in-person visits.
Now, if you’re experiencing heart attack or stroke symptoms such as chest or upper body pain, chest pressure, numbness or shortness of breath, call 911 immediately or have someone drive you to the emergency room.
Through video visits, you can get care and treatment quickly – all without leaving home. We’re able to treat a wide range of symptoms and conditions, including:
- Common cold and flu symptoms such as fever, runny nose, sore throat, cough and congestion
- Upper respiratory infections such as laryngitis or a sinus infection
- Eye infections
- Cold sores and canker sores
- Skin infections, rashes or hives
- Insect bites and stings
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs)
For those conditions that require hands-on care or testing such as broken bones, joint or muscle sprains, cuts and lacerations, or strep throat, walk-in care is absolutely available.
If you’re concerned that your symptoms are signs of COVID-19, an urgent care video visit can be used as an effective screening tool. Simply call your clinic to set up an appointment or make an appointment online for the next available time.
- Make an appointment online for a day and time that works for you. You can also call your local clinic to set up an appointment. Your appointment details, the link to access your video visit, and tools for modifying your appointment will be available through your HealthPartners online account.
- Fill out this consent (PDF) and have it ready for your appointment. This gives us the ability to use your information to coordinate care, treatment and more.
- A few minutes prior to your appointment, sign in to your HealthPartners online account and go to your upcoming appointments. Select the Appointment details link and then Begin video visit. If you don’t have a HealthPartners online account, are 13 to 17 years old, or are the parent of a patient 13 to 17 years old, your doctor will text you a link to access your video visit at the time of your appointment.
That’s it! Your doctor or clinician will join the session when your appointment begins.
Additional information about how video visits work can be found on our video visits page.