Whether you’re considering a surgical procedure to improve your quality of life or you’re preparing for a medically necessary surgery, video visits make it easy, convenient and comfortable for you to get the support you need leading up to the big day.
Just like an office visit, video visits bring you face-to-face with a board-certified general surgeon. During your appointment, your surgeon will talk with you about your medical history, surgical concerns and goals, answer any questions you have and work with you to create a tailored treatment plan. Video visits are billed the same as in-person visits.
Through video visits, our team of expert general surgeons can offer consultation, second opinions for surgery, evaluation and education for a range of procedures, including:
- Anti-reflux surgery
- Biliary pancreatic surgery
- Biopsy surgery
- Breast surgery
- Cancer surgery
- Colon and rectal surgery
- Endocrine surgery (adrenal, thyroid and parathyroid)
- Esophageal and gastric surgery
- Gallbladder surgery
- Hernia surgery
- Melanoma surgery
- Skin and soft tissue surgery
- Varicose vein surgery
Depending on your treatment needs, your surgeon will work with you to determine the timing of any surgical procedures, as well as the right combination of in-clinic and video visits as you move closer to surgery.
- Make an appointment online for a day and time that works for you. You can also call your local clinic to set up an appointment. Your appointment details, the link to access your video visit, and tools for modifying your appointment will be available through your HealthPartners online account.
- Fill out this consent (PDF) and have it ready for your appointment. This gives us the ability to use your information to coordinate care, treatment and more.
- About an hour before your scheduled appointment, you will receive an email or text message with an encrypted link to join your visit. When you are ready, click on the link on your mobile device or type the link into your internet browser to join on your desktop. You can also join your visit through your HealthPartners online account.
That’s it! Your surgeon will join the session when your appointment begins.
Additional information about how video visits work can be found on our video visits page.