Physical therapy. Occupational therapy. Speech therapy. And all from the comfort of home thanks to video visits.
Whether you’re healing from a recent surgery or you tweaked an old sports injury, a rehabilitation specialist helps you get back to living your best life. But you don’t need to trek to the clinic for every appointment. You can get personalized care from the comfort of home through a video visit.
Just like an office visit, video visits bring you face-to-face with a physical therapist, occupational therapist or speech therapist – each of whom is specially trained to assess your condition, develop a tailored therapy program and help you get back to doing the things you love. Video visits are billed the same as in-person visits.
Easy access to physical, occupational and speech therapy is at your fingertips. Don’t wait.
What conditions can be addressed through a video visit with a rehabilitation specialist?
We offer comprehensive physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and other specialized rehabilitation services across our entire care system. And through video visits, you can get access to rehabilitation specialists at your local clinic or specialty center of choice.
During your appointment, your specialist will talk with you about your condition, demonstrate techniques and work with you to create a tailored treatment plan. Among the conditions we treat and the therapy services we offer:
- Mobility, walking or endurance issues
- Chronic pain
- Joint and muscle pain, or injury rehabilitation for your:
- Sports injuries
- Vestibular or vertigo
- Temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMJ)
- Wounds and burns
- Pelvic health
- Strengthening and conditioning to improve motion, coordination or sensation issues
- Hand therapy to address mobilization, education, re-training, adaptive equipment and custom splinting needs
- Low vision or vision rehabilitation
- Driving and community mobility challenges
- Return-to-work training
- Language and literacy challenges
- Swallowing and feeding problems
- Vocal cord dysfunction or chronic cough
- Cognitive communication
- Social communication
- Assistive technology evaluations and learning sessions
Make a video visit appointment with a rehabilitation specialist
Do video visits replace in-person therapy appointments?
No. Hands-on, in-person care is an important part of your care and treatment plan. Video visits just offer another way for you to conveniently and meaningfully connect with your rehabilitation specialist.
How do you get started with video visits? It’s as easy as 1-2-3.
Make an appointment onlinefor a day and time that works for you. You can also call your local clinicto set up an appointment. Your appointment details, the link to access your video visit, and tools for modifying your appointment will be available through your HealthPartners online account. Fill out this consent(PDF) and have it ready for your appointment. This gives us the ability to use your information to coordinate care, treatment and more.
- About an hour before your scheduled appointment, you will receive an email or text message with an encrypted link to join your visit. When you are ready, click on the link on your mobile device or type the link into your internet browser to join on your desktop. You can also join your visit through your
HealthPartners online account.
That’s it! Your specialist will join the session when your appointment begins.
Additional information about how video visits work can be found on