Video visits how-to’s
HealthPartners virtual visits offer the same level of care you’ve come to expect from us, combined with the convenience of being able to join your appointment from the comfort of your home or wherever your day takes you. Below, we’ll help you get the most out of your virtual visits with guidance, tips and tricks.
Simple steps to a successful video visit
Follow these simple steps to make sure you are ready for your visit:
A few days before your appointment, you will receive a reminder to check in. Taking a few minutes to complete this check-in well beforehand helps your care team prepare for your appointment.
Conduct the video visit tech check on the device you plan to use during your appointment. The tech check validates that you have a working camera, speaker and microphone for your video visit.
Ten minutes prior to your appointment time, use one of these easy ways to join your appointment:
- You’ll receive an email or text message with an encrypted link about an hour before your scheduled appointment. Click on the link to join your visit.
- Or access your appointment through your HealthPartners online account.
If you have issues joining your video visit, your doctor or clinician may try calling you by phone.
Please note: When you enter your video visit, your doctor may not be ready yet. Sit tight and do not leave the video visit screen.
Tips and tricks to make the most of your video visit
Consider these tips and tricks to have the best possible experience during your video visit:
- Don’t leave the visit window once you join. Your clinician will be with you soon.
- Join your visit from a quiet, well-lit location.
- Consider wearing headphones for best sound quality and privacy.
- Use a Wi-Fi connection whenever possible.
- If you get disconnected during your visit, you can rejoin by clicking the link again.
- If you encounter technical issues or need assistance connecting to your video visit, please give us a call at