Mom & Baby Café provides breastfeeding support for families
Moms and their babies get together at our hospitals and clinics to ask questions and get help with breastfeeding
Pregnancy and new motherhood bring along countless questions. Questions about sleep (and lack thereof). Questions about crying and changing diapers. Questions about daycare, development and doctor’s visits.
And, lots and lots of questions about feeding and breastfeeding, specifically.
To help answer those questions, HealthPartners offers free breastfeeding support groups that moms can drop in for. Each week at HealthPartners Como Clinic, Methodist Hospital, Lakeview Hospital and Amery Hospital & Clinic, a lactation consultant is on hand to answer any questions or concerns moms may have.
“I really like that it’s a bunch of moms in the same trenches I am,” said Carolyn, a mom who at first was worried if she would be able to breastfeed at all. “I’m not the only one going through this.”
Scales are available for moms to weigh their babies before and after feeding. And, moms get the chance to spend some much-needed time with others, sip tea and enjoy a snack themselves. Here’s a sampling of questions asked at a recent session: “My breast pump is on high, but why isn’t it working well?” “Do I need to stay away from certain foods or chemicals while breastfeeding?” “What is the best hands-free bra for when I go back to work?”
Our drop-in breastfeeding support groups meet at:
- HealthPartners Como Clinic in Conference Room A
Every Monday from 10 to 11:30 a.m.
For questions about this “Mom & Baby Café,” please call 651-641-6208
- Methodist Hospital in the Heart & Vascular Center Conference Room B
Every Thursday from 10 to 11:30 a.m.
For questions about this “Mom & Baby Café,” please call 952-993-5124
- Lakeview Hospital in the Hardenbergh Conference Room
Every Thursday from 10:30 a.m. to noon
For questions about this “Baby Café,” please call 651-430-4760
- Amery Hospital & Clinic in the 2nd floor Boardroom
Every Wednesday from 9 to 10:30 a.m.
For questions about this “Baby Bistro,” please call 715-268-0600 or 715-268-8000
Our organization has a robust network of lactation consultants available to provide moms with breastfeeding support
To learn about other breastfeeding classes and resources offered at:
- Amery Hospital & Clinic Birth Day Suites, call 715-268-0600 or 715-268-8000
- HealthPartners Como Clinic Breastfeeding Center, call 952-967-7955
- HealthPartners Riverside Clinic, call 651-293-8252
- HealthPartners St. Paul Clinic, call 651-293-8252
- Hudson Hospital Birth Center, call 715-531-6572
- Park Nicollet Breastfeeding Center and Methodist Hospital Family Birth Center, call 952-993-5124
- Stillwater Medical Group and Lakeview Hospital, call 651-430-4760
- Regions Hospital Birth Center, call 651-293-8176
- Westfields Hospital & Clinic, call 715-243-2680
24/7 lactation support is also available to HealthPartners members over the phone. Call the:
- CareLine at 612-339-3663
- BabyLine at 612-333-2229