Local support resources
Good health is influenced by more than what a nurse can measure or a doctor can diagnose. How you live, work and play also helps determine your well-being. So if you need assistance with basic needs, it’s part of our mission to help you find it.
Get local assistance and information
With NowPow, you can get details and contact information for social services and organizations nearby, including help with:
- Housing – Income-based housing assistance, eviction and foreclosure prevention, warming and cooling assistance, tenants’ rights education, shelters, transitional housing, and more
- Food and nutrition – Pantry locations, WIC and SNAP assistance, free meals, meal delivery, community gardening, cooking and healthy eating classes, and nutrition counseling
- Employment – Career counseling, job search assistance, job training, volunteer opportunities and youth employment details
- Child care and parenting – After-school programs, camp and summer programs, parenting skills classes and support, developmental screenings, car seat safety checks, and youth mentoring
- Transportation – Free or low-cost transportation, bike and car repair, subsidized vehicles, and driver education programs
- Education – GED classes and testing, local preschools, tutoring, continuing education, CPR and first-aid training, and school search assistance
You can also find resources to help with financial stability, legal needs, personal safety, immigrant support, exercise and recreation, and more.
How it works
It’s easy (and free) to find community services and organizations near you:
- Start by typing in your location – it can be an address, city or zip code. Then choose how you want to search: either by category or keyword.
- You’ll see a list of services and organizations, including contact information for each listing. You can use sorting and filters to narrow down your search.
- See an organization that looks right for you? For more information, just select their link.
At HealthPartners, improving the well-being of the people and communities we serve is key to our mission. One way of putting that mission into action is by removing barriers that stand in the way of better health. Our partnership with NowPow is an essential part of our health equity work.