Pregnancy and new motherhood bring along countless questions. Questions about sleep (and lack thereof). Questions about crying and changing diapers. Questions about daycare, development and doctor’s visits.
And, lots and lots of questions about feeding and breastfeeding, specifically.
To help answer those questions, HealthPartners offers free breastfeeding support groups that moms can drop in for. Each week at HealthPartners Como Clinic, Methodist Hospital, Lakeview Hospital and Amery Hospital & Clinic, a lactation consultant is on hand to answer any questions or concerns moms may have.
“I really like that it’s a bunch of moms in the same trenches I am,” said Carolyn, a mom who at first was worried if she would be able to breastfeed at all. “I’m not the only one going through this.”
Scales are available for moms to weigh their babies before and after feeding. And, moms get the chance to spend some much-needed time with others, sip tea and enjoy a snack themselves. Here’s a sampling of questions asked at a recent session: “My breast pump is on high, but why isn’t it working well?” “Do I need to stay away from certain foods or chemicals while breastfeeding?” “What is the best hands-free bra for when I go back to work?”
Interested in attending one of our drop-in breastfeeding support groups? Get locations, dates and times here:
Breastfeeding support groups
Our organization has a robust network of lactation consultants available to provide moms with breastfeeding support
To learn about other breastfeeding classes and resources offered at:
- Amery Hospital & Clinic Birth Day Suites, call 715-268-0600 or 715-268-8000
- HealthPartners Como Clinic Breastfeeding Center, call 952-967-7955
- HealthPartners St. Paul Clinic, call 651-293-8252
- Hudson Hospital Birth Center, call 715-531-6572
- Park Nicollet Breastfeeding Center and Methodist Hospital Family Birth Center, call 952-993-5124
- Stillwater Medical Group and Lakeview Hospital, call 651-430-4760
- Regions Hospital Birth Center, call 651-293-8176
- Westfields Hospital & Clinic, call 715-243-2680
24/7 lactation support is also available to HealthPartners members over the phone. Call the:
- CareLine at 612-339-3663
- BabyLine at 612-333-2229