Keep your kid on a healthy track by staying up to date on childhood immunizations
Is it time for your kiddo’s next well-child visit or round of immunizations? Or does your child need to get caught up on their vaccines? Now is always the right time to make sure they’re on track.
So don’t delay well-child visits or important pediatric immunizations. We’re here to make getting care as easy, fast and convenient as possible.
Choose between two types of immunization appointments
- Immunization-only appointments: Get in and get out quickly with an immunization-only appointment. These visits are scheduled directly with the experienced nurses who administer all the vaccines, and often take less than 15 minutes.
- Well-child visits: Well-child visits, especially for infants and toddlers, are an important way to ensure that your child’s growth and development are on track, and they help you stay on top of pediatric immunization schedules. A well-child visit is also a good opportunity to discuss any questions or concerns you have with your child's doctor.
But wait – what if I don’t know which immunizations my child needs?
That’s no problem. Key pediatric immunizations are given from infancy to 2 years, 4-5 years, 11-12 years and at 16 years, and include:
- Diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis (DTaP)
- Poliovirus (IPV)
- Measles, mumps and rubella (MMR)
- Varicella (Chickenpox)
- Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV)
- Haemophilus Influenzae Type B (Hib)
- Hepatitis B (Hep B)
- Hepatitis A (Hep A)
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
- Meningococcal vaccination
Influenza(annual – depending on age and vaccination history)
If you’ve always taken your child to a HealthPartners or Park Nicollet clinic for their immunizations, we’ll have all their records on file. So, we’ll be able to tell you which vaccines are up next based on the
If you’ve gotten care at other clinics, we can work with those providers – with your permission – to get access to your child’s health and immunization records. If you have questions about when or why specific vaccines are recommended, your doctor can walk you through it.
What a well-child visit schedule looks like
Well-child visits are recommended at specific times during your child’s life. Typically, you can expect:
- 7-9 visits between birth and 18 months old
- A visit every six months between 18 months and 3 years old
- Yearly visits from 4-17 years old
Do I need to vaccinate my child before they start school?
Immunization appointments are available to any child – they don’t have to be an established patient at our clinics. And we provide pediatric immunizations at no direct charge to your family.