We care for a lot of kids. And we care a lot about kids. So we know that fostering good health early in life is important. With over 50 clinics in Minnesota and western Wisconsin, excellent pediatric care is right around the corner.
It’s not easy to fit regular well-checks and last-minute strep tests into daily life. We help make it simpler for parents by offering same-day pediatric care, text reminders, online medical records and our 24/7 online clinic, Virtuwell.
Some HealthPartners and Park Nicollet pediatric care specialists love baseball. Some love board games. But they all love helping children stay healthy. With more than 200 board-certified doctors, physician assistants and nurse practitioners who specialize in caring for kids, we have a doctor for you and your child.
What we treat
- ADHD (Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Hand, Foot & Mouth Disease
- Nutrition and weight concerns
- Check-ups & physicals
- Developmental and behavioral concerns
- Ear infections
- Fifth's Disease
- Pink eye
- Sinus, cough, cold
- Skin & rashes
- Stomach flu
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
HealthPartners and Park Nicollet pediatric care team includes the following
- Family medicine doctors – The unique benefit of family medicine doctors is that they care for everyone in your family – from the new baby to grandma. They can provide highly personalized care because they’re familiar with your family’s medical history.
- Pediatricians –
Pediatriciansspecialize in caring for children, from newborns through early adulthood. Trained to treat both minor illnesses and injuries, as well as more complex conditions, pediatricians are experts at keeping kids of all ages on track toward a healthy future.
- Physician assistants and nurse practitioners – Physician assistants and nurse practitioners provide medical care and are licensed to diagnose and treat illnesses, manage chronic diseases and prescribe medication for patients.
- Internal medicine/pediatrics doctors –A combined meds-peds physician has a dual board certification and can treat patients from newborn through adulthood. They are both pediatricians and internists.
All HealthPartners and Park Nicollet pediatric care specialists are passionate and experienced in children’s health care. They’re also dedicated to supporting parents, from checking in on how you’re doing and recommending helpful resources, to providing reassuring
You’re going to spend a lot of time with your child’s doctor, especially during their
- Choose a doctor who is board certified. That means their education and experience goes beyond the state-issued permit to practice medicine, and the doctor has completed additional training and passed the required board exam.
- Choose someone you think you and your child can relate to by reviewing the online biographies. Ask yourself, “How does this doctor’s biography make me feel?” “How well does it communicate the doctor’s expertise and interests?”
- Choose a HealthPartners or Park Nicollet pediatric clinic that's close to home, school or work.
- Choose a doctor that’s part of a care group that has multiple care options, like convenient urgent care locations, online treatment (like Virtuwell) and a 24/7 nurse line to call with health questions.
- Choose a doctor and clinic that offers you access to online medical records for easy access to your child’s health history, lab results and immunization records.
If you need care, but can’t make the trip, don’t worry – there are still several ways to talk to our pediatric care specialists. Get care from any device for coughs and colds, ear pain, rashes, allergies and much more.
For kids two and older, our 24/7 online clinic,
We’re different in small ways, like making kids feel comfortable during appointments, and big ways, like our community-wide health initiatives.
We know that health and well-being begin at birth. Research shows a strong link between health and well-being early in life and better health outcomes later in life. We have the opportunity to positively impact the health of the children in our community, and we take it seriously. We’re one of the largest pediatric practices in the Twin Cities, with over 50 clinics, and are proud to earn positive patient care ratings in pediatrics and primary care.
We include developmental screenings at all of our
Our clinics also have innovative teen questionnaires that carefully assess teens for issues that are unique to their age group, including screenings for mental and sexual health. This includes having confidential visit time with their doctor so teens can ask questions and share how things are going in their life.
Sports and school physicals are part of the summer routine so clinics also have convenient options for getting physicals completed and all of the forms that you need before the school year starts.
Here are some of our efforts to support parents, children and our community:
Children’s Health Initiative– We have initiatives to support mothers and children from pregnancy through adolescence. Our three focus areas are: promoting early brain development, providing family-centered care and strengthening communities. PowerUp– PowerUp is our community-wide youth health initiative to make better eating and active living easy, fun and popular, so that our youth can reach their full potential. Reach Out & Read– This national program gives young children a foundation for success by incorporating books into pediatric well-checks and encouraging families to read aloud together.
Parenting is important work, so we do our best to make your child’s health care a little easier. Here are some of the reasons parents choose us:
- Online account offers easy access to medical records, immunization records, lab results and bill pay
- Online appointment scheduling
- Text reminders for appointments and when lab results are ready
- We have 20 pediatric urgent care locations.
- 24/7 online clinic,
Virtuwell, can get you a diagnosis, treatment plan and prescription if needed. All in about 30 minutes.
The No Shots, No School program starts in August and runs until the second week of September. Our participating locations offer immunization-only appointments. A limited number of same-day appointments are available.
Immunization appointments are available to any child – they don’t have to be an established patient at our clinics. And we provide immunizations at no direct charge to your family.
To learn more about the No Shots, No School program and find participating locations, visit our
When it comes to your child’s health, there’s no time like the present. We have options for those moments when your family needs help now. (If you have a medical emergency, please call 911.)
Evening appointments – Several of our clinics offer evening appointments for extra convenience. Check the
Pediatric urgent care – See a doctor for minor illnesses and injuries at any one of our 20 Minnesota or western Wisconsin locations. Open weekdays, weekends and some holidays with no appointment needed. View our
Call for 24/7 help – When you need help or advice, we have nurse lines to help answer your questions.
- For HealthPartners patients, please call:
- For Park Nicollet patients, please
call your clinic directly. If after business hours, please call: 952-993-4665.
- For questions and advice on new baby care, call our 24/7 BabyLine at
612-333-2229or toll free at 800-845-9297.
Virtuwell – Get treatment with our 24/7 online clinic,
Primary care doctors and pediatricians are trained to treat almost all kids’ health conditions. Specialists are trained to treat the most complex conditions, especially those that don’t respond to the most common course of treatment. If your child needs something more, we’ll connect you with the right specialist for your child.
We accept most health insurance plans, including Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota, CIGNA, HealthPartners, Medica, Medicare, PreferredOne and many others.
Not sure what your insurance covers? Call the number on the back of your card for help looking at your options.
Don’t have your card in front of you? Here are member services numbers to help you get started:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota:
800-244-6224(insurance through work); 866-494-2111(insurance directly or through the Exchange)
763-847-4477(in the Twin Cities); 800-997-1750(outside the metro area)
- United Healthcare: