Since being established in 1956, Amery Hospital & Clinic has provided outstanding health care to Amery and our surrounding communities. We provide the kind of high quality care you’d expect to find in a “big city” with the personalized dedication you can expect from a hometown doctor. In addition to primary care for all stages of life, we offer specialty services including oncology, cardiology, orthopedics and surgical services.
Part of our vision is to make Amery Hospital & Clinic the most comforting experience possible for all our patients and guests. To do this, we’ve invested time, energy and resources into creating a soothing place where our community can come to relax and heal. From green landscaping designed to highlight the natural beauty of the Apple River to touches of home throughout our campus, everything comes together to create an exceptional experience for all.
- Green spaces – Environmental consultants, engineers and designers helped to enhance the value of our natural and cultural resources through science and design. You’ll notice landscaping with native plants throughout the grounds to improve the environment and provide natural beauty. We also built rain gardens to reduce erosion, used permeable surfaces instead of asphalt to reduce water runoff, and covered our roofs with plants to create “green roofs” which provide environmentally friendly insulation. We also have a community trail that follows the Apple River so you can stretch your legs and enjoy the scenery while you visit.
- Community artwork – Local artwork adds color and personality to our waiting areas. We partner with ArtZ to bring in pieces by local artists. The artwork changes on a rotating basis and can be purchased if you see a piece that you’ve got to have in your own home.
- Hospitality – We strive to make things comfortable by being kind and helpful from the moment you check in to the moment you leave. Our staff can help you order meals, carry your luggage and assist you with a variety of other personal tasks. If you have any questions or need any help while you’re here, don’t hesitate to ask.
The Amery Hospital & Clinic Foundation works to enhance and enrich the patient experience and the well-being of our community. The generous donations of people like you make it possible to develop resources, support initiatives, sponsor health services and identify programs that can help our community.
We work hard to provide the best possible care for every single patient who comes through our doors. We’re honored to be recognized for quality of care, safety and environmental excellence. Some of the awards we’ve received include:
- Watson Health 15 Top Health System 2021: for the fifth year in a row, HealthPartners has been named a 15 Top Health Systems by IBM Watson Health. We were #2 in the medium health systems category – the only one in the upper Midwest. This means that we are saving more lives, have fewer medical complications, have shorter wait times in the emergency room and lower costs than other health systems. This recognition demonstrates our ongoing commitment to prioritize patient-centered care.
- Joint Commission Accreditation – Amery Hospital & Clinic is accredited by The Joint Commission as a Critical Access Hospital (2018) and earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Hospital Accreditation. The Joint Commission accreditation applies to all of Amery Hospital & Clinic’s locations and services including the Behavioral Health Center, Wound Healing Center, Clear Lake Clinic, Luck Clinic, Turtle Lake Clinic, and our Fitness Center. Amery’s Laboratory has been accredited by The Joint Commission since 2010.
- Center of Distinction – The Wound Healing Center of Amery Hospital & Clinic was recognized with the Center of Distinction award for clinical excellence for achieving outstanding clinical outcomes for 12 consecutive months in various areas.
- Center of Excellence – The Wound Healing Center of Amery Hospital & Clinic was recognized with the Center of Excellence award in wound healing excellence for achieving patient satisfaction rates higher than 92% and a healing rate of at least 91% in less than 30 median days to heal, for a minimum of two consecutive years. The Center earned this award in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
- CMS Hospital Compare Four-Star Rating – In 2019 and 2020, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) awarded Amery Hospital & Clinic a four-star rating for its quality of patient care, placing it in the top one-third of hospitals nationally. The ratings are based on a variety of measures, such as patient satisfaction, patient safety, timeliness of care, and measures on common conditions like heart attacks or pneumonia.
- Performance Leadership in Quality – Amery Hospital & Clinic was recognized by the Chartis Center for Rural Health together with iVantage Health Analytics as well as the National Organization of State Office of Rural Health for overall excellence in quality, reflecting top quartile performance among all rural hospitals in the nation in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020.
- Performance Leadership in Outcomes – Amery Hospital & Clinic was recognized by the Chartis Center for Rural Health together with iVantage Health Analytics as well as the National Organization of State Office of Rural Health for overall excellence in patient outcomes, reflecting top quartile performance among all rural hospitals across the U.S in 2018, 2019 and 2020.
- Audubon International Program – Amery Hospital & Clinic is a Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary through the Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary Program (ACSP), an Audubon International program. Amery Hospital & Clinic is the first hospital in the world to be certified in the Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary Program.
- Green Masters Program (2017, 2019) – Every year, the Wisconsin Business Council recognizes businesses that have actively demonstrated their commitment to sustainability. The Masters honor is their highest level of recognition for this award.
- Arbor Day Foundation (2019) – The Arbor Day Foundation named Amery Hospital & Clinic a Tree Campus Healthcare facility. This program aims to transform community health and wellness and ultimately save lives through the health benefits provided by trees, as well as recognize healthcare institutions that make an impact on wellness through tree planting, education and community engagement.
We are proud to receive the Practice Greenhealth Environmental Excellence Award in 2021 which recognizes superior performance in environmental sustainability, covering a range of different sustainability programs and activities.
Amery Hospital & Clinic was established in 1956 with the mission of improving health and well-being in partnership with our members, patients and community. We do this by working to provide our patients with more – more services, more comfort and more privacy. Our goal is to be our community’s choice for healthcare at every point in their life and to make our facility a place of solace, healing and caring in the community.