Get the latest information on COVID-19, including vaccines, testing, visitor guidelines, your care options and more
If you have severe symptoms of an eating disorder, our team may recommend the day treatment program, also called “partial hospitalization.” You’ll spend up to five full days at Melrose Center every week working with our eating disorder experts. The goal of this type of treatment is to help restore or maintain weight, reduce eating disorder behaviors and learn new skills that will help you continue to recover after completing the program.
During this program, we offer guided meal and snack experiences so you can learn healthy habits and mend your relationship with food. We also provide group experiences and opportunities to apply what you’ve learned to real-life situations.
This type of treatment typically includes:
- Sessions for three to five days per week
- Eight hours of programming daily
- Supported eating for two meals and a snack each day
- One-on-one therapy sessions twice weekly
- Weekly visits with a primary care doctor
- Psychiatrist visits when needed
- Staff-led group outings like going grocery shopping or having a meal at a restaurant
- Group support and education program for all patients
To make an appointment, please call 952-993-6200. We’re able to schedule appointments at all locations at this number. Just let us know where you’d like to have your appointment, and we’ll help schedule it for you.
We accept most health insurance plans, including Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota, CIGNA, HealthPartners, Medica, Medicare, PreferredOne and many others.
Our onsite financial counselors can work with you to confirm your insurance coverage at Melrose Center. You can speak to one of our dedicated financial counselors by calling 952-993-3453.