Our website no longer supports Internet Explorer. For the best browsing experience, we recommend using Chrome, Safari, Edge or Firefox.
Effective May 1, 2019, HealthPartners will discontinue High Tech Diagnostic Imaging (HTDI) decision support
As we evaluate future options to ensure that your patients receive the right care at the right time for HTDI services, we believe that provider engagement will be essential. To that end, we anticipate future outreach to many of you to gain greater insight into approaches that would be meaningful for your patients and your practices.
- In 2007, HealthPartners implemented a decision support program for HTDI services, including MRI, CT, PET, and nuclear medicine.
- HealthPartners sponsors provider use of a decision support tool for HTDI called the Medicalis Consult Portal.
- In cases where provider groups choose not to utilize the Medicalis Consult Portal, they participate in decision support by building and utilizing their own decision support tool.
- The Protecting Access to Medicare Act (PAMA) will require physicians ordering HTDI services to consult Appropriate Use Criteria via use of a decision support mechanism starting with the January 1, 2020 Education and Operations Testing Period and then moving to full implementation starting January 1, 2021.
- Effective May 1, 2019, HealthPartners no longer requires use of a decision support tool for HTDI services. Additionally, HealthPartners will no longer sponsor provider use of the Medicalis Consult Portal.
- Given the upcoming PAMA-driven program for HTDI decision support, we will seek to understand how our provider partners are approaching this broad requirement to inform future policies related to HTDI.
Please see the Fast Facts May 2019 article