Credentialing with HealthPartners
When a practitioner joins a HealthPartners contracted clinic, the practitioner or clinic must submit a credentialing application.
HealthPartners uses the ApplySmartTM system. All MN-based medical clinics are required to use ApplySmartTM for submission of initial credentialing applications. Clinics in other states may also use ApplySmartTM.
- Register for an ApplySmartTM account at http://Mncred.org.
Apply by fax or email
- Medical and behavioral health providers complete the Minnesota Uniform Credentialing Application
- Dental providers complete the Initial Dental Credentialing Application
- Medication Therapy Management Pharmacists complete the Initial MTM Credentialing Application
- See submission instructions below
It is recommended that an application be submitted at least 90 days prior to employment date. Practitioners may not see HealthPartners members and will not appear in directories or in any Member Service resources until the credentialing process is completed and the application is approved.
Add or change currently credentialed practitioner to a new clinic. Options include:
- Use the Provider Data Profiles application to make additions and changes and create a shareable PDF
- Medical, Behavior Health and MTM practitioners can submit the Minnesota Uniform Practitioner Change Form with the Site Location Addendum page
- Dental providers complete the Dental Contracted Provider Change Notice
Check if a practitioner is currently credentialed with HealthPartners:
- Use the Provider Data Profiles application to review credential status. You can search any contracted practitioner by NPI
- Or email HealthPartners Credentialing Service Bureauto check the status of an application
How to enroll non-credentialed practitioner types?
- Use the Provider Data Profiles application to find practitioners using Add Practitioner search
- If not in Provider Data Profiles, use the Minnesota Uniform Practitioner Change Form (with the Site Location Addendum page if applicable) and fax or email to Provider Data Support
Practitioners (except Interpreters) must submit a NPI and license to be enrolled with HealthPartners
Do I need to inform HealthPartners if I leave my clinic?
It is imperative that HealthPartners be notified when a practitioner leaves a contracted clinic.
- Use the Provider Data Profiles application to submit your changes and print a shareable PDF to submit to other parties
- Or Medical, Behavioral Health and MTM practitioners complete the Minnesota Uniform Practitioner Change Form
- Or Dental providers complete the Dental Contracted Provider Change Notice
How long does the credentialing process take?
The process can vary depending on completeness of the application, whether additional information needs to be obtained from the practitioner, and whether the practitioner meets all HealthPartners credentialing criteria.
Practitioners will receive written notification once their application has been approved.
You can check if a practitioner has been approved by:
- Check online by logging into Provider Data Profiles
- Or email HealthPartners Credentialing Service Bureau to check the status of an application
- Provider Data Profiles
- Medical, Behavioral Health and MTM Practitioners Credentialed by HealthPartners
- Fax: (952) 853-8702
- Email for credentialing applications Credentialing@HealthPartners.com
- Email for recredentialing applications Recreds@HealthPartners.com
HealthPartners Credentialing Service Bureau
P.O. Box 1309
Minneapolis, MN 55440-1309
Phone (952) 883-5755
- Non-Credentialed Practitioners
Fax: 952-853-8703 or e-mail: ProviderData@HealthPartners.com
- Dental Practitioners
Fax: 952-883-5160 or email: DentalContracting@HealthPartners.com
HealthPartners Dental Credentialing
PO Box 1309
Minneapolis, MN 55440-1309