When a practitioner joins a HealthPartners contracted clinic, the practitioner or clinic must submit a credentialing application.
Medical provider applications:
Medical application submissions:
- ApplySmartTM system
Complete your application and submit in one easy step using the ApplySmartTM system. All MN-based medical clinics are required to use ApplySmartTM for submission of initial credentialing applications. Clinics in other states may also use ApplySmartTM.
- Online credentialing application submission - Alternate option is to submit online through HealthPartners provider portal.
- Check status of credentialing application - Status check is only available for initial credentialing.
Dental provider application:
Dental application submission options:
- Preferred: Online credentialing application submission
- Fax to: 952-883-5160
- Email: DentalContracting@HealthPartners.com
- Mail: HealthPartners Dental Credentialing
PO Box 1309
Minneapolis, MN 55440-1309
It is recommended that an application be submitted at least 90 days prior to employment date. Practitioners may not see HealthPartners members and will not appear in directories or in any Member Service resources until the credentialing process is completed and the application is approved.
Add or change currently credentialed practitioner to a new clinic. Options include:
Use the Provider Data Profiles application to make additions and changes and create a shareable PDF
Medical, Behavior Health and MTM practitioners can submit the Minnesota Uniform Practitioner Change Form with the Site Location Addendum page
Dental providers complete the Dental Contracted Provider Change Notice
Check if a practitioner is currently credentialed with HealthPartners:
Use the Provider Data Profiles application to review credential status. You can search any contracted practitioner by NPI
Or email HealthPartners Credentialing Service Bureauto check the status of an application
How to enroll non-credentialed practitioner types?
Use the Provider Data Profiles application to find practitioners using Add Practitioner search
Practitioners (except Interpreters) must submit a NPI and license to be enrolled with HealthPartners
Do I need to inform HealthPartners if I leave my clinic?
It is imperative that HealthPartners be notified when a practitioner leaves a contracted clinic.
- Use the Provider Data Profiles application to submit your changes and print a shareable PDF to submit to other parties
- Or Medical, Behavioral Health and MTM practitioners complete the Minnesota Uniform Practitioner Change Form
- Or Dental providers complete the Dental Contracted Provider Change Notice
How long does the credentialing process take?The process can vary depending on completeness of the application, whether additional information needs to be obtained from the practitioner, and whether the practitioner meets all HealthPartners credentialing criteria.
Practitioners will receive written notification once their application has been approved.
You can check if a practitioner has been approved by:
Check online by signing in Provider Data Profiles
- Or email HealthPartners Credentialing Service Bureau to check the status of an application
Additional contact information
P.O. Box 1309
Minneapolis, MN 55440-1309
Phone (952) 883-5755