Not sure where to go for health screenings, family planning or questions about menopause? With more than 55 clinics, six birth centers and a women’s center in the Twin Cities and western Wisconsin, you’ll find great care right around the corner.
When you have questions, we have answers. We’ve got you covered with same-day care at clinics and urgent locations and our 24/7 online clinic, Virtuwell.
Some of our doctors love exploring new running trails. Some love exploring the latest bestseller. But they all love helping you get better. With more than 1,500 board-certified OB-GYNs, family medicine doctors, physician assistants, nurse practitioners and midwives, we have the right care team for you.
- Annual physicals
- Common illnesses and injuries
- Birth control
- Emergency contraception
- Heavy periods
- Mental health concerns
- Nutrition and weight management
- Period pain
- Postpartum depression
- Pregnancy and prenatal care
- Sexual health
- Skin conditions
- Sleep issues
- Yeast infections and bacterial vaginosis (BV)
You have a lot of choices for your health care, including clinicians and doctors who provide primary care for everything from coughs and colds, to heavy periods and pregnancy to menopause and beyond.
- Family medicine – Many women choose to see a family medicine doctor because family doctors care for everyone in your family—from new baby to grandma. They handle everything from preventive screenings to prenatal care, so they get to know you well over time and become familiar with your family’s medical history.
- Internal medicine – Internal medicine doctors focus on caring for adults. They provide a wide range of services, including preventive care and health screenings. They treat conditions specific to women’s health, as well as minor illnesses, injuries and chronic conditions.
- OB-GYNs and midwives– OB-GYNs and midwives specialize in women’s health. They can practice within a primary care office or a specialty clinic and provide routine women’s health services and screenings. They also care for you during milestones such as family planning, pregnancy, childbirth and menopause.
- Physician assistants and nurse practitioners – Physician assistants and nurse practitioners provide medical care and are licensed to diagnose and treat illness, manage chronic diseases and prescribe medication for patients.
In many of our clinics, family medicine, internal medicine, OB-GYNs, midwives, physician assistants and nurse practitioners all work together. This means you can choose the doctor who is the best fit for you, knowing a whole team is there to support you.
You can get started by making an appointment online.
From skin, to periods and breast health, to nutrition and sleep, each woman is wonderfully unique. The truth is that everyone has a different “normal.” But, if something about your health has changed, we can help you sort it out.
Our primary care doctors and OB-GYNs are trained to care for women throughout all stages of life. Specialists are trained to treat the most complex conditions, especially those that don’t respond to the most common course of treatment. If you need something more, we’ve got the best women's health specialists on our team.
If you need care but can’t make the trip, don’t worry – there’s still several ways to talk to our women’s health specialists. Get care from any device for nutrition and weight management, pre-conception counseling, birth control, UTIs, sexual health, period concerns, menopause, sinus infections, allergies and much more.
With video visits, you can talk to your doctor and get personalized care and treatment – all without leaving home. A video visit includes everything you’d expect in an office visit.
Our 24/7 online clinic, Virtuwell, also treats many common conditions. Board-certified nurse practitioners are available around the clock to learn more about your symptoms and develop a customized treatment plan, day or night.
At HealthPartners and Park Nicollet, you have more choices and more ways to personalize your healthcare than ever before. Choose a convenient option when you need help right away from urgent care to getting a prescription while in line at the coffee shop. Or choose someone you’d like to see for years whether that’s a family medicine doctor, OB-GYN, nurse practitioner or midwife.
No matter which doctors and specialists you see at HealthPartners, Park Nicollet or Virtuwell, the visit will be part of your one medical record. That means all your information will be in one convenient place.
And as your needs change during different life stages and over time, we’ll work together to keep you healthy. That’s just one of the reasons we’ve been recognized as a leader in women’s health. From our dedicated Women’s Center to the Jane Brattain Breast Center and birth centers at Regions Hospital and Methodist Hospital, we’ve created specialty centers that focus exclusively on great care for women.
We accept most health insurance plans, including Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota, CIGNA, HealthPartners, Medica, Medicare, PreferredOne and many others.
Not sure what your insurance covers? Call the number on the back of your card for help looking at your options.
Don’t have your card in front of you? Here are member services numbers to help you get started:
- HealthPartners: 800-883-2177
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota: 800-382-2000
- CIGNA: 800-244-6224 (insurance through work); 866-494-2111 (insurance directly or through the Exchange)
- Medica: 800-952-3455
- Medicare: 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227)
- PreferredOne: 763-847-4477 (in the Twin Cities); 800-997-1750 (outside the metro area)
- United Healthcare: 877-842-3210