As an organization dedicated to the health and well-being of our members, patients and community, we’re always working to make things better for those we care for and serve. Of course, improvement takes a lot of forms, from improving safety and quality to making care and coverage simpler and more affordable, and to helping the people in our communities live healthier, more fulfilling lives. As the challenges of the past few years have shown us, it all adds up, and it’s all important.
Across HealthPartners, we’ve felt the upheaval of the dual pandemics of COVID-19 and racial injustice in our community. We’ve balanced our instinct to care for others with the unknowns of what it will take to keep everyone safe. We’ve grieved losses, and we’ve celebrated advances, innovation and steady progress. Each day, we’ve strived to live our values of Excellence, Compassion, Partnership and Integrity.
Although the path ahead for ending the pandemic looks bright, we know there’s still much work to be done to address many of the biggest health issues in our community: complexity, access, cost and inequity.
We look forward to working with our patients, members, employers, colleagues and community to meet these challenges. And we promise to continue to bring about change for health as it could be, affordability as it must be, through relationships built on trust.
We continue to grow in the communities we serve and expand our reach to new geographies.
- We’re continuously building relationships with regional care systems to provide high-quality, integrated care and coverage to even more people across the upper Midwest, including expanding our health plan offerings in North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Iowa.
- As a health plan, we’ve added a new health plan option for
largeand small employersin nine southwestern Minnesota counties. The plan is called Cornerstone, and the network features Avera Health, a strong regional health system.
- In 2022, we collaborated with the Minneapolis Regional Chamber to
expand access to employer-sponsored health and well-being programs.
- We continue to offer
Medicare Advantage plans to fit every budget and lifestyle. For 2024, three HealthPartners Medicare Advantage (MA) plans received an overall 4.5 out of 5-Star Rating, including 5 out of 5-Stars for customer service, from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- In 2022, we
expanded our emergency center and inpatient mental health unitat Regions Hospital. We opened a new, state-of-the-art cardiac catheterization lab at Lakeview Hospital, bringing high-quality cardiac care closer to home for our patients. And, we launched TRIA Spine Care, a comprehensive program that brings together expert spine care services from across our organization.
- In 2023, we broke ground on new facilities that will help meet the changing health care of the communities we serve. This includes a
new surgery and endoscopy centeron the Shakopee campus of St. Francis Regional Medical Center, a relocated and expanded medical and dental clinic in Apple Valleyand a specialty center in Woodbury.
HealthPartners is nationally and internationally recognized for all aspects of our work, meaning our patients and members can count on us for the highest-quality care and coverage year after year.
- Top-rated health plan in Minnesota. HealthPartners is one of the top-rated commercial health plans in Minnesota and one of the highest-rated plans in the nation with a rating of 4.5 out of 5, according to the NCQA’s commercial Health Plan Ratings 2023.
- Top-rated Medicare plans. For 2024, three HealthPartners Medicare Advantage (MA) plans received an overall 4.5 out of 5-Star Rating, including 5 out of 5-Stars for customer service, from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Top-performing medical group in Minnesota. Our care group is one of the top-performing medical groups in the state, according to the latest Health Care Quality Report from Minnesota Community Measurement.
- Top 25 Environmental Excellence. In 2023, HealthPartners received 20 awards from Practice Greenhealth, a national organization dedicated to environmental stewardship in health care. These awards recognize the hard work and progress we’ve made toward health care sustainability.
- Star Tribune Top Workplace. In 2022, a survey by the Star Tribune named HealthPartners one of the Top Workplaces in the Twin Cities for the second year in a row – and for the sixth time since the program began. We were the largest organization to make the list, with more than 27,000 colleagues.
- Modern Healthcare leadership recognitions. For the third year in a row, HealthPartners President and CEO Andrea Walsh was recognized as one of 2022’s 100 Most influential People in Healthcare. In addition, DeLinda Washington, senior vice president and chief people officer, was recognized as a 2022 Top Diversity Leader in Healthcare.