Methodist Hospital in St. Louis Park is renowned for high quality patient care, close to home. Recognized as an area leader in cancer, neurology, cardiovascular and maternity care, our team of experts is highly trained to provide personalized treatment for you and your family.
Methodist Hospital has been an important part of the Twin Cities community since we welcomed our first patients in 1892. Over the years, many notable improvements have helped us expand our ability to care for patients with the latest technology and equipment.
- We were founded in 1892 as Asbury Methodist Hospital, a 32-bed facility in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- When the new Methodist Hospital was built in St. Louis Park in 1959, we didn’t have a 24-hour emergency department or dedicated birth center.
- In 1977 we launched one of the first five Parkinson’s disease Information Centers in the nation. Today, it’s Struthers’ Parkinson’s Center.
- We were one of the first hospitals to begin using a digital medical record in 2004.
- We have grown to a 426-bed hospital that admits more than 30,000 patients annually.
- There are nearly 50,000 emergency center patients treated each year.
- We deliver more than 3,100 babies each year at the Family Birth Center.
- We offer specialty care including oncology, cardiology, maternity, neurology, critical care and bariatrics.