Helpful information for your time at Methodist Hospital
We work hard to make your time with us a comfortable, healing experience.
We do our best to make you as comfortable as possible. Whether you need a magazine to read or a hot meal, we’ve got you covered.
- Your Room: Our newly renovated, private rooms are full of modern conveniences like comfortable furniture, Wi-Fi and cable television.
- Meals: Room service is available for patients. Call 3-5800 to order from a patient’s room or 952-993-5800 from outside the hospital. You’ll find a menu with hours and instructions in your room.
- Gift Shoppe: Visit The Gift Shoppe near the Excelsior Boulevard entrance for flowers, cards and more. You can also call 952-993-5131 to order slippers, toiletries and other items.
- Visiting hours at Methodist Hospital: As the patient, you decide who can visit you and when. We welcome visitors at any time, but encourage visits between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. to allow you, and all our patients, adequate time to rest.
- Photos, videos and livestreams: Feel free to take photos and videos of yourself and your loved ones, but please don’t record patients, medical procedures or other visitors. If you want a photo with your favorite nurse, please be sure to ask for permission first.
- Lotions and fragrances: For the comfort and safety of our patients and staff, strong odors and fragrances aren’t allowed. This includes perfumes, body sprays, strongly scented lotions and tobacco smoke.
Safety and security
We’re dedicated to keeping you safe and secure.
- Security procedures: To keep you safe, access to Methodist Hospital campus buildings is restricted between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. After-hours access is provided via intercom communications and our Security Dispatch screens every visitor.
- Valuables and safekeeping: We ask that you send your valuables home. However, if you have a valuable item you want to store at the hospital, please store them in the hospital safe managed by the Safety and Security team.
- Preventing spread of infections: In order to limit the spread of germs, we ask that you remind sick loved ones not to visit.