Emergency care in St. Louis Park
When something unexpected happens, we’re here for you. The Methodist Hospital Emergency Center offers the care you need, close to home. Our board-certified doctors provide expert treatment for emergencies.
We’re certified for Level III Trauma Care by the State of Minnesota and can treat issues from the common to complex. This might be an injury, chest pain, shortness of breath, severe stomach pain or bleeding you can’t stop.
Call 911 if you need emergency assistance.
Emergency Center services
We offer comprehensive emergency care for illnesses and injuries. Some of the services we provide include:
- Asthma and respiratory care
- CT scans, MRIs, ultrasounds and X-rays
- Heart attack and cardiovascular disease treatment
- Mental health care
- Pediatric care
- Stroke care
- Treatment for broken bones, dislocations, sprains and fractures
- Treatment for wounds, lacerations and burns
- Trauma care
What to bring
When possible, take a moment to grab a few things before you head to the Emergency Center.
- Medicines – Bring a list of all the medicines you’re taking. This includes current prescriptions, over-the-counter medicines (aspirin, ibuprofen, etc.), supplements and vitamins.
- Medical equipment – If you use any medical equipment on a daily basis, like an inhaler or oxygen tank, remember to bring it with you.
- Personal health record – Bring a list of any recent illnesses, allergies or other health issues.
- Important contact information – You or your doctor might need to contact your loved ones while you are at the Emergency Center. Have phone numbers of important people handy if needed.
- Insurance card – If you have insurance, remember your insurance information to make sure that you’re billed correctly.
Care after a sexual assault
If you’ve just experienced a sexual assault, it’s important to seek help immediately. Our specially trained nurses will make sure you get the care and support you need. Come to the Emergency Center or call us for more information and instructions about your visit.