Transferring a patient to Methodist Hospital
At Methodist Hospital, we accept all patient transfers that we can care for safely. Our 24-hour HealthPartners Direct hospital admission hotline is available for doctors and clinicians to arrange a transfer or referral at any time.
Patients not appropriate for Methodist Hospital are few, but include those who require:
- Adult and pediatric major trauma
- Inpatient mental health
How does the process work?
When you call HealthPartners Direct, you’ll speak with a specially trained staff member. They’ll ask you a few questions, and then connect you with an on-call clinician. We arrange safe, timely patient transfers – if necessary.
When you call, we'll ask a series of questions about the patient and provider to ensure that the patient is promptly and successfully transferred into our care. With this information, we’ll connect the referring provider with the appropriate services.
Please have the following information ready. (Note: We may ask additional triage questions, depending on the patient’s diagnosis.)
- Caller name
- Callback phone numbers (Including direct number to referring provider, if different than the caller)
- Provider first and last name
- Patient demographics (Including first name, last name, date of birth and medical record number)
- Diagnosis and reason for transfer
- Isolation precautions
- IV drip medications (other than saline)
With more than 400 beds and over 950 doctors on our medical staff, Park Nicollet Methodist Hospital in St. Louis Park provides high-quality, compassionate care around the clock.
We’re home to a combined hospital and specialty center campus with board-certified experts in
Methodist has been consistently recognized as a
We’re proud to be considered a top-quality hospital with recognition for:
- Level 3 Adult Trauma Center
- Level 2 nursery with 24/7 neonatal care
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- STEMI Receiving Center
- General medicine pediatrics
- Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP)
- Geriatric trauma
Begin a hospital admission
We’re ready 24/7 to help you get started.