At Regions Hospital, we care for most types of patients, with conditions from the simple to complex. Our 24-hour HealthPartners Direct hospital admission hotline is available for doctors or clinicians to request a transfer or referral at any time.
Patient transfer exceptions
Patients not appropriate for Regions Hospital are few, but include those who require:
- Pediatric medical admissions (not including burn or trauma)
- Pediatric mental health
How does the process work?
When you call HealthPartners Direct, you’ll speak with a specially trained staff member. They’ll ask you a few questions, and then connect you with a member of our care team. We’ll arrange a safe, timely patient transfer – if necessary.
When you call, we'll ask a series of questions about the patient and provider to ensure that the patient is promptly and successfully transferred into our care. With this information, we’ll connect the referring provider with the appropriate services.
Please have the following information ready. (Note: We may ask additional triage questions, depending on the patient’s diagnosis.)
- Caller name
- Callback phone numbers (Including direct number to referring provider, if different than the caller.)
- Provider first and last name
- Patient demographics (Including first name, last name, date of birth and medical record number.)
- Diagnosis and reason for transfer
- Isolation precautions
- IV drip medications (other than saline)
Regions is home to a combined hospital and specialty center campus with board-certified experts in over 50 different specialties. From our Level I Trauma Center to our award-winning heart and stroke center teams, you can rest assured your patient will be in excellent hands.
We’re home to a combined hospital and specialty center campus with board-certified experts in
- Level I Pediatric and Adult Trauma Emergency Center
- Nationally recognized burn center
orthopedic trauma care and transfer program, specializing in some of the most complex injuries like chest wall trauma, and poor bone healing, disease and deformities
- Minnesota's first Comprehensive Stroke Center – our Rapid Response Stroke Team is on-site 24/7
- Our advanced Heart Center is recognized as a Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospital by Watson Health™
- Nationally recognized specialists in a wide range of specialty departments
- Intensive, short-term rehabilitation at our Capitol View Transitional Care Center
- Certified Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF®) rehabilitation unit
- The Family Birth Center
Begin a hospital admission
We’re ready 24/7 to help you get started on a patient transfer directly to Regions.