Keeping our communities healthy since 1951
Since the day our doors opened over 70 years ago, we’ve been committed to providing exceptional medical care with small-town heart. Many of the services one would expect in a larger city can be found here – and now that we’ve joined the HealthPartners care system, you and your family have access to an even wider network of care.
Through your one common medical record, your health team can coordinate the care you need in a seamless experience. Whether you meet with a doctor at our state-of-the-art health campus in Olivia or schedule a video visit with a specialist in the Twin Cities, you’ll have convenient access to the quality care and services you deserve.
"Best experience I’ve had at a hospital. I plan to have all my health care done at Olivia Hospital & Clinic. Professional and friendly care."
You deserve the best care available. Our team of women’s health specialists provides outstanding care for pregnancy, family planning and preventive care.
The Olivia Hospital & Clinic Foundation works to enhance the patient experience and enrich the well-being of our community. Through scholarships, local health programs, enriched patient care at Olivia Hospital & Clinic, and much more, we’re redefining what excellent rural health care looks like.
We work hard to provide the best possible care for every single patient who comes through our doors. We’re honored to be recognized for our quality of care, safety and organizational culture. We’re also honored to be a part of HealthPartners, which has been named a Top 15 Health System in the nation by IBM Watson Health.
Some of the awards we’ve received include:
- Five-Star Patient Rated Hospital – Awarded by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services for our quality of patient care.
- Culture of Excellence for Patients Award – Awarded by the Minnesota Hospital Association for working together to improve quality and safety for patients, families and communities by developing an organizational culture that exemplifies teamwork and leadership.
- Performance Leadership Award for Overall Excellence in Quality and Patient Perspective – Awarded by the National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health (NOSORH).
- Partnership for Patients Excellence Award – For reaching a superior level of performance and patient safety through the Hospital Engagement Network 2.0.
Over the years, we’ve seen medical advancements, technological evolution and transformation of our facilities – but what’s never changed is our dedication to ensuring the best patient experience every time.
Here's a look back at our history.
- 1946 – The Project of the Hospital in Olivia placed on the ballot for Renville County residents.
- 1951 – New 41-bed Renville County Hospital is dedicated.
- 1960s – Olivia, Hector, Bird Island, Renville and Fairfax establish emergency ambulance services.
- 1974 – County Board voted to proceed with construction of a new in-patient wing and remodeling of Renville County Hospital.
- 1979 – Renville County Hospital Lab and X-ray renovation complete.
- 1984 – Surgical and obstetrical addition complete.
- 1995 – Renville County Hospital and emergency helicopter service sign contract.