Since the day our doors opened over 70 years ago, we’ve been committed to providing exceptional medical care with small-town heart. Many of the services one would expect in a larger city can be found here – and now that we’ve joined the HealthPartners care system, you and your family have access to an even wider network of care.
Through your one common medical record, your health team can coordinate the care you need in a seamless experience. Whether you meet with a doctor at our state-of-the-art health campus in Olivia or schedule a video visit with a specialist in the Twin Cities, you’ll have convenient access to the quality care and services you deserve.
"Best experience I’ve had at a hospital. I plan to have all my health care done at Olivia Hospital & Clinic. Professional and friendly care."
The Olivia Hospital & Clinic Foundation works to enhance the patient experience and enrich the well-being of our community. Through scholarships, local health programs, enriched patient care at Olivia Hospital & Clinic, and much more, we’re redefining what excellent rural health care looks like.
We work hard to provide the best possible care for every single patient who comes through our doors. We’re honored to be recognized for our quality of care, safety and organizational culture. We’re also honored to be a part of HealthPartners, which has been named a Top 15 Health System in the nation by IBM Watson Health.
Some of the awards we’ve received include:
- Five-Star Patient Rated Hospital – Awarded by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services for our quality of patient care.
- Culture of Excellence for Patients Award – Awarded by the Minnesota Hospital Association for working together to improve quality and safety for patients, families and communities by developing an organizational culture that exemplifies teamwork and leadership.
- Performance Leadership Award for Overall Excellence in Quality and Patient Perspective – Awarded by the National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health (NOSORH).
- Partnership for Patients Excellence Award – For reaching a superior level of performance and patient safety through the Hospital Engagement Network 2.0.
- ACR Accreditation in Mammography – The American College of Radiology (ACR) gold seal of accreditation represents the highest level of image quality and patient safety, and is awarded only to facilities meeting ACR Practice Parameters and Technical Standards after a peer-review evaluation by board-certified physicians and medical physicists who are experts in the field.
- CHAIN Nominee for Excellence in Infection Prevention – The Collaborative Healthcare-Associated Infections Network (CHAIN) Award for Excellence commends the infection prevention and antibiotic stewardship efforts of health care teams working hard to build a safer overall health care environment.
- National Health Service Corps – The National Health Service Corps builds healthy communities by supporting qualified health care providers dedicated to working in areas of the United States with limited access to care.
- Excellence in Skin Safety – Awarded by the Minnesota Hospital Association for our efforts to prevent skin damage and improve health outcomes for our patients who are in beds for long periods.
- Safe from Falls Award – Awarded by the Minnesota Hospital Association for our work to protect our patients who are at risk from falls.
- Hepatitis B Birth Dose Honor Role Exceptional Achievement –Recognized for our exceptional achievement and enrolled into the Hepatitis B Birth Dose Honor Roll for our noteworthy dedication to patient safety by the Immunization Action Coalition.
- Commitment MN Antibiotic Stewardship Honor Roll – 2019 Bronze Award – For demonstrating facility-wide commitment to antibiotic stewardship.
Over the years, we’ve seen medical advancements, technological evolution and transformation of our facilities – but what’s never changed is our dedication to ensuring the best patient experience every time.
Here's a look back at our history.
- 1946 – The Project of the Hospital in Olivia placed on the ballot for Renville County residents.
- 1951 – New 41-bed Renville County Hospital is dedicated.
- 1960s – Olivia, Hector, Bird Island, Renville and Fairfax establish emergency ambulance services.
- 1974 – County Board voted to proceed with construction of a new in-patient wing and remodeling of Renville County Hospital.
- 1979 – Renville County Hospital Lab and X-ray renovation complete.
- 1984 – Surgical and obstetrical addition complete.
- 1995 – Renville County Hospital and emergency helicopter service sign contract.
- 1996 – Outpatient and emergency room renovation complete.
- 2002 – Renville County Hospital designated Critical Care Access Hospital.
- 2007 – Renville County Hospital purchases Prairie Family Practice and becomes RC Hospital & Clinics, including the Olivia, Hector and Renville Clinics.
- 2013 – Renville County commissioners approve the building of the new RC Hospital & Clinics facility in Olivia by a vote of 5-0.
- 2014 – Property for the new Medical Center is purchased, groundbreaking event is held and construction begins. RC Hospital & Clinics awarded the Acute Stroke Ready Hospital designation.
- 2015 – Completion of new RC Hospital & Clinics medical center in Olivia with on-site MRI and helipad. Ribbon cutting ceremony and opening.
- 2020 – On May 1, 2020, RC Hospital & Clinics affiliates with HealthPartners, becoming a part of the HealthPartners care system, which includes a multi-specialty group practice serving more than 1.2 million patients across Minnesota and western Wisconsin. At this time, RC Hospital & Clinics changed its name to Olivia Hospital & Clinic.