Considering sending your lumbar back pain patient to an orthopedic or neurosurgeon?
Follow these simple steps:
- Schedule a medical spine specialist evaluation, except in emergent conditions.
- You can recommend an MSC from the listing under Practitioner Resources.
- An MSC Patient Handout describing what to expect is under Handouts. Or
- Direct your patient to call HPI member services number on the back of their card.
- After the medical spine visit, a copy of the evaluation will be sent to you. Your patient may decide whether to schedule the first spine surgery office visit. This decision is made by the patient and/or you regardless of the recommendation of the Medical Spine Center (MSC) specialist.