At Lakeview Hospital, we accept all patient transfers that we can care for safely. Our 24-hour Lakeview Direct Hotline is available for doctors and providers to arrange a transfer or referral at any time.
When you call, we'll ask a series of questions about the patient and provider to ensure that the patient is promptly and successfully transferred into our care. With this information, we’ll connect the referring provider with the appropriate services.
Please have the following information ready. (Note: We may ask additional triage questions, depending on the patient’s diagnosis.)
- Caller name
- Callback phone numbers (Including direct number to referring provider, if different than the caller)
- Provider first and last name
- Patient demographics (Including first name, last name, date of birth and medical record number)
- Diagnosis or reason for transfer
- Isolation precautions
- IV drip medications (other than saline)
Patients not appropriate for Lakeview Hospital are few, but include those who require:
- Interventional radiology
- Cardiac catheterization
- Neuro ICU care
Lakeview Hospital is a Level III Trauma Center, certified acute stroke ready hospital, and has a Level II nursery with 24/7 neonatal care.
Our services allow for higher acuity care, not available at most community hospitals. We’re proud to be recognized as a top quality community hospital with national recognition for:
- Five-star CMS hospital
- Surgical care
- Community value