HealthPartners MSHO service area
HealthPartners MSHO is available in 12 Minnesota counties. If you live in one of these counties, you can enroll:
What is MSHO?
Minnesota Senior Health Options (MSHO) is a program available for seniors on Medical Assistance and Medicare parts A and B. It provides extra benefits when you need it – at no cost to you.
With MSHO you get:
- A Care Coordinator who ensures you get the care you need.
- A Care Coordinator who’ll make sure all your providers (including your primary doctor, physical therapist, home care and hospital staff) are in contact with each other.
How much will I pay?
There is little to no cost to you. There is no monthly premium for MSHO members and you pay $0 if you go to an in-network doctor. You also get coverage for services like:
- Office visits
- Routine physical exams
- Inpatient hospital visits
- Emergency and urgent care in the United States
- Dental coverage
Depending on your income level and institutional status, your copay for Part D prescription drugs will be:
- Generic drugs and brands treated as generics: $0/$1.25/$3.35
- Brand-name drugs: $0/$3.70/$8.35
What’s covered by MSHO?
MSHO provides coverage for all areas of your life. This includes medical benefits, prescription and dental coverage, and support for a healthy lifestyle.
Other benefits include:
- Interpreter services
- Transportation to covered medical and dental appointments
- Access to Nurse Navigators
- Access to CareLine℠ so you can ask health questions
- A free gym membership or at-home workout kits through the Silver&Fit® Exercise & Healthy Aging Program
- Access to yumPower, which provides nutritional info and tips for eating better (this link takes you away from Medicare info)
- Healthy eating resources
How do I apply?
You won’t need extensive paperwork to apply for MSHO. Just download an application, fill it out and mail it in. Call us if you need help.
More benefits with MSHO
One of the biggest benefits of MSHO is working with a Care Coordinator. Care Coordinators are licensed health care professionals who can help you improve or maintain your health. Your Care Coordinator will:
- Visit you
- Explain your coverage
- Provide practical tips about navigating the health care system
- Assist with prescription drugs and refills
- Arrange chore and companion services, if you qualify
- Recommend safety modifications to your home, if needed
MSHO, for people who are on Medical Assistance or Medicare Parts A and B
|Part D||Your copay, depending on your income level and institutional status|
|Generic Drugs or Brands treated as Generics||$0/$1.25/$3.35|
|Brand Name Drugs||$0/$3.70/$8.35|
Get in touch
From October 1 through February 14, we take calls from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. CST, seven days a week. You’ll speak with a representative. From February 15 to September 30, call us 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. CST, Monday through Friday to speak with a representative. On Saturdays, Sundays and Federal holidays, you can leave a message and we’ll get back to you within one business day.
This information is not a complete description of benefits. Contact the plan for more information. Limitations, copayments and restrictions may apply. Benefits, premiums and/or copayments/coinsurance may change on January 1 of each year. You must continue to pay your Medicare Part B premium. The formulary, pharmacy network and/or provider network may change at any time. You will receive notice when necessary.
HealthPartners is a health plan that contracts with both Medicare and the Minnesota Medical Assistance (Medicaid) program to provide benefits of both programs to enrollees. HealthPartners is also a Cost plan and PPO plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in HealthPartners depends on contract renewal.
Last updated October 2017
H2422 H2462 H4882_105826 Approved