Covid-19 coverage support for providers
Bookmark and visit this page frequently for updated information and resources.
You can also access this page by visiting healthpartners.com/providercovid19.
We are your partner and together we can keep our communities healthy amid COVID-19. Protecting the health, safety, and security of our patients, colleagues, providers, and our members is at the forefront of everything we do and it’s never been more important than right now.
- Telehealth Services - Temporary COVID-19 (Policy revised 01-01-2022)
- HealthPartners frequently asked questions
COVID-19 Vaccine and Monoclonal Antibodies
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) announced that Medicare payment for COVID vaccinations administered to Medicare Advantage and Medicare Cost beneficiaries during calendar years 2020 and 2021 will be reimbursed through the Medicare FFS program at no cost to beneficiaries. Beneficiaries can receive the vaccination through any FFS provider or supplier that participates in Medicare and is eligible to bill under Part B. Claims from providers should be submitted to the CMS Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) for payment. Review the CMS Memo-COVID-19 Vaccine-Significant Cost Determination for further information.
During the Public Health Emergency, HealthPartners will follow CMS reimbursement rates* and clams submission guidelines for COVID-19 Vaccines and Monoclonal Antibodies for Members in other HealthPartners Products as outlined here: www.cms.gov/medicare/medicare-part-b-drug-average-sales-price/covid-19-vaccines-and-monoclonal-antibodies.
COVID-19 Diagnostic Testing and Specimen Collection Reimbursement
Unless specifically agreed otherwise, HealthPartners reimbursement rates for contracted and non-contracted providers, facilities and reference labs are based upon the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (“CMS”) rates. As new codes are developed by CMS, HealthPartners will add those codes and the associated rates to its fee schedule(s).
Local and State Resources
- AUC Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
- Minnesota Department of Health – Healthcare Provider COVID-19 Updates
- Iowa Department of Health – Healthcare Provider COVID-19 Updates
- North Dakota Department of Health – Healthcare Provider COVID-19 Updates
- South Dakota Department of Health – Healthcare Provider COVID-19 Updates
- Wisconsin Department of Health – Healthcare Provider COVID-19 Updates<