Claims Submissions - 837
- Payer ID Information
- Internet Claim Entry
- Cost & What to ask your clearinghouse
HealthPartners accepts claims electronically our intermediaries/clearinghouses for the following transactions:
- Professional Claim: 837V005010X222A1
- Institutional Claim: 837V005010X223A2
- Dental Claim: 837V005010X224A2
HealthPartners has relationships with the intermediaries listed below to provide clearinghouse functions for all providers. Providers are required to contact these intermediaries directly to enroll for electronic claim submission to HealthPartners. Use the links below to go directly to their website for additional information.
- Review claim submission guidelines and scenarios.
- Contact your clearinghouse for questions on how to submit specific field elements.
|Clearinghouse/Intermediary||Connection Type||Internet DDE||Phone Number|
Payer ID 07003
|Professional and Institutional||Yes||800-Availity (282-4548)|
Payer ID 00055
|Professional and Institutional||Yes||952-593-5969|
Payer ID SX009 (Professional)
Payer ID 12X51 (Institutional)
Payer ID CX009 (Dental)
|Professional, Institutional and Dental||866-924-4634|
Payer ID HP001
Payer ID 55764
|Professional, Institutional, and Dental||Yes||877-444-7194|
|PNT Data (formerly Post-n-Track)
Payer ID HPAMN
|Professional and Institutional||Yes||860-257-2030|
Payer ID 3411 (Professional)
Payer ID 1525 (Institutional)
|Professional and Institutional||800-527-8133|
HealthPartners does not assign Payer IDs. The Payer IDs provided above have been assigned by the clearinghouse. Please note: It is important to confirm your Payer ID with your vendor or clearinghouse prior to electronic claim submission as they may be different than what HealthPartners has listed.
Internet Claim Entry
Several of HealthPartners contracted clearinghouses offer Direct Data Entry (DDE) solutions through the internet to providers that do not have system capability to submit claims electronically. Contact the clearinghouses that offer DDE to obtain more information.
*RelayHealth acquired Per Se Technologies, National Data Corporation (NDC) and assumed ownership of McKesson.
Only the clearinghouses listed above are approved to submit claims electronically to HealthPartners.
Interface and installation fees for claim submission and remittance advice are dependent upon the facility, annual claim volume and other determining factors. HealthPartners pays the per claim charge when conducting business through our intermediaries for the 837 claims transactions only. Other connection costs may be incurred and are the responsibility of the provider.
In assessing your electronic capabilities, you may need to ask your software vendor the following questions:
- Is there the capability to send claims electronically?
- What clearinghouse(s) are claims submitted through?
- Which payers receive claims electronically from your vendor?
- What is the installation fee?
What to expect after the clearinghouse has been contacted:
- HealthPartners receives the electronic registration request from its contracted clearinghouse. Registration forms must be submitted by the clearinghouse that HealthPartners has a contract with. Registration requests received directly from providers, software vendors, or billing services can not be accepted due to enrollment requirements.
- HealthPartners will contact the clearinghouse within 2-3 business days to confirm registration and establish a production date.
- Testing may be required by the clearinghouse to ensure that compliance standards are met. Please contact them directly to determine if testing is required.
- HealthPartners clearinghouse will contact the originator of the request (provider, vendor, billing service) and communicate a production date or validate any information on that does not match HealthPartners records.
- Production status will be established.