A history of exceptional patient care
At Hutchinson Health, we’ve been caring for the Hutchinson community for more than a century. Over the years, we’ve seen medical advancements, technological evolution and transformation of our spaces – but what’s never changed is our dedication to delivering an exceptional patient experience every time.
Some of our patients were born at our hospital and continue to receive care here 40 years later. Others came for one appointment, and left as patients for life. That’s because for us, care isn’t just about medical services – it’s about how we make our patients feel. It’s about trust, comfort and peace of mind.
We take pride in upholding our legacy of serving our patients where they live and work. We’ve been named a Top 100 Rural & Community Hospital by the Chartis Group, and have been recognized by the Minnesota Hospital Association for superior performance in quality and patient safety.
In 2018, Hutchinson Health joined the HealthPartners family, connecting us to a comprehensive care system and multi-specialty group practice. Together, we’re working to promote health and well-being in Hutchinson and across Minnesota.
"I’m very impressed with the compassion and quality of care that I’ve encountered across many different experiences at Hutchinson Health. My family moved to Hutchinson over 30 years ago. Having some of our kids born here, and now our grandkids being born here, it gives me great comfort to know that Hutchinson and the surrounding community is so well cared for."
The Hutchinson Health Foundation works to enhance the health and wellness of our community. Through local partnerships and donor-powered investments, our foundation works closely with Hutchinson Health to improve patient experiences, fund new equipment and education, and help address unmet needs.
At Hutchinson Health, our doctors, nurses and staff members work hard to achieve the highest quality care for our patients. We’re honored to receive recognition nationally and locally that shows our dedication to our patients and community, including:
- Top 100 Rural & Community Hospital Award by the Chartis Group.
- For the fifth year in a row, HealthPartners has been named a 15 Top Health System in the nation by IBM Watson Health.
- Partnership for Patients Excellence Award from the Minnesota Hospital Association for superior performance in quality and patient safety.
- The Press Ganey Guardian of Excellence Award to the Hutchinson Health Cancer Center for outstanding patient experience.
- The American Diabetes Association Education Recognition Certificate to the Hutchinson Health Diabetes Education Program for a high quality diabetes self-management education program.
- Dr. Jalayna Smith and Dr. Nikki VandenBerg recently received the Reader’s Choice Award for Favorite Healthcare Professional by The Hutchinson Leader.
- Recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a 2022-2023 High Performing Hospital in the treatment of hip fractures.
- Performance Leadership Award for Overall Excellence in Outcomes – Awarded by the National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health (NOSORH).
Hutchinson Health has a long history of supporting the health of our community in a number of different ways. We believe that good health starts at home, at our places of work and in our community.
Our Health and Well-being initiative promotes healthy lifestyles, good habits and ways to connect with one another. We share quality resources that people can trust, and encourage everyone to lift each other up and take an active role in our community.
Community book club
Avid readers know the feeling of wanting to share their current book with just about everyone they talk to. So imagine that experience on a larger scale as a community. Hutchinson’s One Book, One Community book club is an opportunity to connect with those you know – and those you don’t know – over the same book.
Little Free Libraries
A Little Free Library is a “take a book, leave a book” gathering place where neighbors share their favorite literature – from kids’ books to adult novels. In its most basic form, a Little Free Library is a box full of books where anyone can stop by and pick up a book, and bring back another book to share.
Hutchinson has over two dozen Little Free Library houses. You can find these around neighborhoods, as well as at local businesses.
Check out the
Members of our community plan a variety of events with opportunities for people of all ages and abilities. Check our