At Westfields Hospital, we treat our patients like family, and we want you to feel at home during your stay with us. Every member of our team is committed to providing you with the best possible care and experience while you’re here – and after you go home.
Whether you’re here for a clinic appointment or a hospital stay, we’ll do everything we can to meet your needs and make you comfortable. Our amenities include:
- Wi-Fi – Wireless internet access is available throughout the campus.
- Music – Patients have the opportunity to listen to their favorite music during inpatient stays as well as surgery and other procedures.
- Dining options – Room service is available for patients and guests. Patients can call from any hospital phone to request a meal. You can ask your nurse for specific information about meal times. You’ll also find everything from light snacks to hot foods at the Rivers Café.
- Integrative therapies – We offer a range of therapies, including music therapy, aromatherapy and massage for our patients. These services can have a physical and emotional impact on the body that promotes relaxation and healing.
- Spiritual care – Patients and their families often find comfort in the guidance of a trained spiritual supporter. At Westfields Hospital & Clinic, we’re not affiliated with any one faith. Instead, we try to meet the spiritual and religious preferences of all our patients. If you’re interested in speaking with a chaplain, please let your nurse know.
- Healing spaces – Our campus has several dedicated spaces for peaceful healing, including our meditation room, healing garden and journey garden. Our meditation room is located near our inpatient unit by the waiting area. It’s open 24/7 for quiet prayer, reflection and meditation. Nearby is our healing garden – a tranquil area that includes a walking path around a small pond. Finally, our serene journey garden is located a short stroll from the Cancer Center of Western Wisconsin and can be seen from our chemotherapy infusion area.
- Pharmacy – Westfields Community Pharmacy is here seven days a week to assist patients and community members with all of their prescription and over-the-counter medical needs. The pharmacy is located off the rotunda by the main entrance. Call 715-243-2970 for more information.
- Transitional care – Recover from an injury, illness or surgery in a hospital setting instead of a nursing home. Our transitional care unit is committed to providing the care you need and helping you become as independent as possible before returning home. Because your needs during recovery are unique, your treatment plan will be tailored to your situation. You’ll have access to rehabilitation services and 24-hour nursing care as well as other support to help you achieve your health goals.
- Gift shop – The Westfields Hospital Gift Shop is temporarily closed due to COVID-19.
- Patient account representatives – From paperwork to medical bills, health care today can be complex. Patient account representatives from our Patient Financial Services are here to help you understand your health care billing, costs and insurance. Call 715-243-2600 during normal weekday business hours from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Westfields Transportation Van – The Transportation Van is available to all Westfields Hospital & Clinic patients who need transportation to or from medical appointments. Van hours are 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Van fare is $1 each way for trips within a ten mile radius; $3 each way for trips outside of that radius. Fees apply to the patient only – caregivers ride at no additional cost. Call 715-243-2990 to schedule an appointment. (24 hours advance notice is preferred.)
When you arrive at the Emergency Center, you’ll be greeted by a team ready to provide expert care.
When you enter the lobby, visit the Registration desk for a warm welcome and help finding your way.
Westfields has partnered with five other hospitals to create the Cancer Center of Western Wisconsin (CCWW), where patients get access to top oncology doctors and the latest cancer treatments.
Westfields provides both primary care and urgent care services at our clinic just inside the main hospital entrance.
Our experienced care team includes doctors, nurses and physician assistants trained in family medicine, OB-GYN and pediatrics.
We work hard to create a healing environment where your medical care and safety are our top priority. We continuously network with nationwide hospitals, regulatory agencies and patient safety organizations to share information on the most current and best safety practices in health care delivery.
Westfields Hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission, an agency that serves to help ensure and monitor the quality and safety of patient care. Our quality information is also reported to the Wisconsin Hospital Association’s Checkpoint. Checkpoint’s mission is to develop consumer-focused initiatives that will provide reliable, valid measures of health care in Wisconsin to aid the selection of quality health care and quality improvement activities within the hospital field.
If you have questions, concerns or compliments about the safety or quality of patient care, please let us know. Call our confidential patient representative line at 715-243-3427, talk with your care team or talk to the manager of the area in which you’re receiving care.
You can also send us a letter by mail at:
Westfields Hospital & Clinic
535 Hospital Road
New Richmond, WI 54017
As a patient, you or your legal representative may inspect or obtain a copy of a medical record, request an amendment or have copies of medical records sent to another person or facility.
Westfields Hospital & Clinic requires a completed and signed written request or authorization for release of health information form before releasing records. We ask that you let us know what components for your medical records you wish to obtain. Often, the discharge summary, operative report, and history and physical contain the relevant information to suit your needs. Please allow us 24 to 48 business hours to process your request.
You can request your medical records online. To get started, sign in to our website. Select My Care, and then select Health Records.
You can also request your medical records in person, by mail or fax.
If you’d like to request a copy of your medical records, please complete this Authorization for Release of Information (PDF).
If you’d like your care team to verbally share information with family or friends, please use this Permission to Verbally Discuss Protected Health Information (PDF).
If you’d like to request a change to your medical records, please use this Request for Correction/Amendment of Health Information (PDF).
You can submit completed forms in a number of ways:
- Drop it off at the hospital
- Mail it to the hospital, Attn: Medical Records, 535 Hospital Road, New Richmond, WI 54017
- Fax it to the hospital, Attn: Medical Records at 952-883-9729
You have certain rights as a patient. It’s important for you to be informed about these rights so you can make sure you’re getting the level of treatment you deserve. Some of your patient rights include your right to:
- A safe and secure environment
- An interpreter if you have a hearing impairment or do not speak English
- Courteous and respectful treatment
- Practice your religion or culture
- Privacy and confidentiality
- Our Notice of Privacy Practices (PDF) has more information about your rights as a patient
If anything is unclear or confusing to you, a patient representative can help. Patient representatives are available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, by dialing “0” from any hospital phone or by calling 715-243-3427.