HealthPartners MSHO service area
HealthPartners MSHO is available in 12 Minnesota counties, including:
What is MSHO?
Minnesota Senior Health Options (MSHO) is a program available for seniors on Medical Assistance and Medicare parts A and B. It provides extra benefits when you need it – at no cost to you. MSHO provides coverage for all areas of your life. This includes medical benefits, prescription and dental coverage, and support for a healthy lifestyle.
How much will I pay?
There is little to no cost to you. There is no monthly premium for MSHO members and you pay $0 if you go to an in-network doctor. You also get coverage for services like:
- Office visits
- Routine physical exams
- Inpatient hospital visits
- Emergency and urgent care in the United States
- Dental coverage
Depending on your income level and institutional status, your copay for Part D prescription drugs will be:
- Generic drugs and brands treated as generics: $0/$1.30/$3.60
- Brand-name drugs: $0/$3.90/$8.95
Finding a doctor in the MSHO network
When you join HealthPartners MSHO, you agree to use doctors and hospitals that are in the plan’s network. (This link will take you away from the HealthPartners Medicare website.) Unless you need emergency care, care when you’re traveling or renal dialysis, you must see doctors who are in the network. If you get routine care from an out-of-network provider, you will be responsible for the cost.
How do I apply?
You won’t need extensive paperwork to apply for MSHO. Just download an application, fill it out and mail it in. Call us at 952-883-5050 if you need help.
From Oct. 1 through Dec. 7, we take calls from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT, Monday through Saturday.
From Dec. 8 through Sept. 30, call us 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT, Monday through Friday to speak with a representative. On Federal holidays and days we’re closed, you can leave a message and we’ll get back to you within one business day.
MSHO comes with help from a Care Coordinator
One of the biggest benefits of MSHO is working with a Care Coordinator. Care Coordinators are licensed health care professionals who can help you get the care you need. Your Care Coordinator will make sure all your providers (including your primary doctor, physical therapist, home care and hospital staff) are in contact with each other.
Your Care Coordinator will also:
- Visit you
- Explain your coverage
- Provide practical tips about navigating the health care system
- Assist with prescription drugs and refills
- Arrange chore and companion services, if you qualify
- Recommend safety modifications to your home, if needed
MSHO comes with other support, too
It's important to keep yourself healthy by getting the care you need. That's why you'll get a lot of other support and great resources, like:
- Interpreter services for patients and members who have limited English proficiency (LEP) or who are deaf, deaf-blind or hard-of-hearing
- Rides to covered medical and dental appointments
- Access to Nurse Navigators who are specially trained to help you get the most from your health plan
- Access to CareLineSM so you can ask health questions
- Healthy eating resources
Health rewards and perks with MSHO
Did you know there are health rewards and perks, too? They include:
- A free $25 gift card when you schedule and complete your Annual Wellness Visit
- A free $25 gift card when you schedule and complete a mammogram
- A free $25 gift card when you schedule and complete an osteoporosis check
- A free $25 gift card when you schedule and complete a colorectal screening
- A free gym membership or at-home workout kits through the Silver&Fit® Exercise & Healthy Aging Program
- Appeals and grievances
- Important MSHO Network info
- Medicare educational blog
- MSHO Provider and Pharmacy Directory
- Nondiscrimination notice and language assistance for MSHO
- Supplemental benefits and other perks
- MSHO Member Handbook
- Health Care Directive Information
From Oct. 1 through March 31, we take calls from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. CT, seven days a week. You’ll speak with a representative.
From April 1 through Sept. 30, call us 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. CT, Monday through Friday to speak with a representative. On Saturdays, Sundays and Federal holidays, you can leave a message and we’ll get back to you within one business day.
Last updated October 2019
H2462 H4882_118314 Accepted