Not happy with your current Medicare plan? You can switch to one of our 5-star plans today.
At HealthPartners, our Medicare Advantage plans make it affordable to see the doctors you trust and get the benefits you need, with:
- Extensive doctor and clinician networks featuring top care systems from across the Midwest
- Plans that include dental, vision and eyeglasses, prescription drug coverage, hearing aids, travel coverage, and a fitness program through SilverSneakers®
- Monthly premiums starting at $0, with preventive and primary care visit copays as low as $0
All of our Medicare Advantage plans received an overall Medicare Star Rating of 5 out of 5 for 2022 – the highest score possible. A 5-star rating reflects our commitment to great customer service and helping keep members healthy.
To compare plans available in your state and explore networks, costs and added benefits, please select your state below.
Plans available in these counties:
- Big Stone
- Crow Wing
- Lac qui Parle
- Lake of the Woods
- Le Sueur
- Otter Tail
- Red Lake
- Yellow Medicine
Plans available in these counties:
- Green Lake
Looking for plans in Iowa or Illinois? Our friends at HealthPartners UnityPoint Health are ready to help.
Our Medicare Advantage (Medicare Part C) plans combine the coverage of Medicare Parts A and B (Original Medicare) with additional coverage, benefits and perks. We offer several ways to get the care you need at a cost you can manage.
- $0 premiums and copays – Monthly premiums for our Medicare Advantage plans start at $0, with preventive and primary care visit copays as low as $0.
- Prescription drug coverage – All HealthPartners Medicare Advantage plans include Medicare Part D coverage backed by our network of more than 63,000 pharmacies across the U.S. Copays start as low as $0 for Tier 1 preferred generic prescriptions.
- Over-the-counter products – New for 2022 – HealthPartners offers a quarterly allowance to purchase over-the-counter non-prescription medicines and supplies with select Medicare Advantage plans.
- Dental – Several of our Medicare Advantage plans include dental coverage, plus options for additional coverage – including $0 in-network preventive and diagnostic care.
- Benefits while traveling – Our plans include in-network coverage for up to nine months of the year when you travel inside the U.S. but outside your network area. You’ll also have access to pre-travel consultations and worldwide emergency and urgent care coverage, with additional assistance available through Assist America®.*
- Hearing – Get routine hearing exams with copays as low as $0, plus coverage for hearing aids through TruHearing®.
- Vision – Receive an annual benefit allowance for non-Medicare-covered eyewear with select plans.
- Fitness programs – SilverSneakers® helps you stay fit and active with a gym membership and home fitness kits at no additional cost.
Medicare Advantage plans combine the coverage of Original Medicare Parts A and B into one plan, often called Part C. And they usually offer additional benefits and perks on top of Original Medicare.
Most Medicare Advantage plans also include Part D prescription drug coverage. With a Medicare Advantage plan, you get the convenience of having all your Medicare coverage in one plan.
When you enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan, you will no longer receive Parts A and B coverage through Original Medicare. Instead, the company you purchase your Medicare Advantage plan from will administer those benefits along with any additional coverage the plan offers.
You must be enrolled in Original Medicare Parts A and B before you can enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan.
Medicare Advantage plans often include features and benefits that you don’t get with Original Medicare, including:
- Prescription drugs (Part D)
- Dental care
- Travel coverage
- Services like routine eye exams and hearing exams
- Fitness programs to keep you healthy
- Costs for in-network doctor visits and covered services that are usually lower than Original Medicare
Most Medicare Advantage plans include prescription drug coverage.
As you look at plans, take note how each one covers prescription drugs so you can choose the right plan for your needs.
Like most health insurance plans, Medicare Advantage plans have a network of doctors, providers, clinics and hospitals. In general, HMO plans have the smallest networks, while PPO and PFFS plans have larger networks.
Covering care within a defined provider network helps plans keep costs low. This is why Medicare Advantage plans can often offer lower costs for in-network doctor visits and covered services than Original Medicare.
- Annual Enrollment Period: October 15 to December 7 – During Medicare’s Annual Enrollment Period (AEP), you can enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan for the first time or switch to a different plan. You can also drop your plan and go back to Original Medicare. Coverage from any new plan starts on January 1 of the next year.
- Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period: January 1 to March 31 – If you’re enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan, you have an opportunity to change plans between January 1 and March 31 each year. You can switch to a different Medicare Advantage plan or go back to Original Medicare.
- Initial Enrollment Period: When you turn 65 – If you sign up for Original Medicare during your Initial Enrollment Period (IEP), you can enroll in a private Medicare plan anytime after you’ve signed up for Original Medicare and are still in your IEP.
- Special Enrollment Period (SEP) – After certain events, such as moving or losing your current Medicare plan, you may qualify for an SEP that allows you to enroll in a different plan.
- Five-star Special Enrollment Period: December 8 to November 30 – If the plan you want to enroll in has a five-star rating, you can make a one-time switch from your current plan between December 8 and November 30.
To see if your doctor or care team will be covered, explore our extensive plan networks.
At HealthPartners, we believe that a great Medicare Advantage plan goes beyond excellent benefits and perks. We go further by making it easier to get the most out of your plan with flexible options for getting the care you need and help managing costs.
All Medicare Advantage plans include unlimited, no-cost visits to our online clinic Virtuwell. At Virtuwell, you can get a diagnosis, treatment plan and prescription for more than 60 common conditions – all online with no appointments, waiting rooms or video calls.
Our plans have clear limits on how much you pay out of pocket for your care each year. It’s a spending cap that provides peace of mind and protection for your wallet.
We work to bring more to our plans this year and every year – making sure that your plan fits the way you live today, tomorrow and beyond.
We can help you find the information you need to feel more confident as you narrow down plan options. Explore these resources:
* Assist America services are only available during the first 90 consecutive days that you're away from your home and all arrangements must be made through Assist America.
Every year, Medicare evaluates plans based on a 5-star rating system.
Out-of-network/non-contracted providers are under no obligation to treat HealthPartners members, except in emergency situations. Please call our customer service number or see your Evidence of Coverage for more information, including the cost-sharing that applies to out-of-network services.
All content ©2021 TruHearing, Inc. All Rights Reserved. TruHearing® is a registered trademark of TruHearing, Inc. All other trademarks, product names, and company names are the property of their respective owners.
SilverSneakers is a registered trademark of Tivity Health, Inc. © 2021 Tivity Health, Inc. All rights reserved.
Last updated February 2022
H2422_001601 Approved 10/1/2021
H2462 H4882_001601 Accepted