Programs for Health Care Professionals
International Diabetes Center offers education programs for primary care physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, dietitians, diabetes educators, pharmacists, students and interns. These on-site programs provide hands-on experience and networking opportunities, and are taught by experienced faculty active in diabetes research, education and care. Our programs include:
- IDC Symposium for Advanced Diabetes Educators
UPDATE (4/3/20): Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our on-site IDC Symposium is canceled this year. However, we are creating an IDC Virtual Symposium for those who want to participate remotely. It will include 11 sessions focusing on critical topics including the keto diet and diabetes; dealing with the high price of diabetes medications; the latest on the microbiome and health; and responding to glucose variability. These webinars will help you continue to provide excellent diabetes care and education. Determination of credit is pending: up to 8 credits may be awarded. We are making great progress on having this available in mid-May and accessible through the end of 2020. We will provide more information as it becomes available.
- Diabetes Foundations for Health Professionals
UPDATE (4/3/20): Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our on-site Diabetes Foundations for Health Professionals programs for May and September are canceled this year. We will provide more information on other options as it becomes available.
- Advanced Strategies for Diabetes Educators helps those who are experienced in diabetes learn about new technologies and comorbidities. Topics include advanced insulin dose management, continuous glucose monitoring and advanced nutrition. Dates: Nov. 12-13, 2020. Brochure (PDF) | Register
- Clinical Diabetes Management for Primary Care Clinicians emphasizes application though practice-based case studies and in-depth sessions on topics such as insulin therapy, hypertension, lipids and noninsulin therapies. Dates: June 18-19, 2020 or Oct. 22-23, 2020. Brochure (PDF) | Register
- Diabetes Technology Symposium discusses diabetes technology advancements such as hybrid closed-loop systems, continuous glucose monitoring, ambulatory glucose profile and more to keep health professionals current. Date: Oct. 2, 2020. (CANCELED)
- Caring for Adult Patients with Diabetes provides an overview of the diabetes care plan, nutrition therapy and classes for medication, for nursing staff and dietitians who care for adult patients. Date: Nov. 17, 2020. (CANCELED)
- Diabetes Care in a Backpack is for school nurses and staff. It deals with management issues for children and adolescents with diabetes, such as psychological concerns, nutrition, medication and diabetes technologies. Date: Oct. 10, 2020.
See more program details or register now: