We are a program within the HealthPartners Institute, dedicated to improving patient care, safety, processes and systems through innovative, simulation-based clinical education. We focus on a partnered relationship between learners and clinical leaders to ensure that the learning promotes teamwork, communication, skills mastery, clinical reasoning and systems improvement.
Our simulation education team provides:
- Customized programs for health care professionals, teams, and students from varied specialties and disciplines.
- Hands-on experiential learning opportunities using highly realistic equipment and situations, including computer-driven adult, child and infant human patient simulators.
- Advanced task trainers for practice and demonstrating mastery of procedures.
- Audio-visual recording capabilities to enhance debriefing and facilitate reflective learning.
- Onsite programs available to any clinical site, classroom or conference center.
- Consultation during program planning and the evaluation process to maximize the effectiveness of the simulation experience.
- Expertise in the design, development, delivery and evaluation of simulation-based learning programs.
- Cognitive and psychomotor skill assessment using simulation-based methodologies.