“I’m really looking forward to being a speaker at the TRIA Hand Therapy Conference! I am a physical therapist passionate about climbing and helping athletes recover from injuries. My journey has been quite an adventure, with years offering specialized treatment and immersing myself in all things climbing, including writing an Amazon #1 best-seller called Climb Injury-Free. I’ve climbed all over the world and am excited to share practical tips and insights to help athletes of all levels stay injury-free and get back to doing what they love. See you at the conference for some great discussion!” – Jared Vagy
7:30am | Check-in and Breakfast
7:50am | Welcome
8:00am – 9:15am | Session 1 | Hypermobility: Too Much Motion Can Cause Commotion
- Hypermobility Disorders – Shanda R. Dorff, MD, FAAFP
- Joint Protection and Symptom Management – Kaisa Syväoja, OTD, OTR/L
- Splinting – Virginia O’Brien, OTD, OTR/L, CHT
9:15am – 10:40am | Session 2 | Musician: How We Can Implement the Instrument
- Culture and Training of High Level Musicians – Jill Olson Moser, OTR/L
- Treatment Techniques and Adaptations – Misty Austin, PPDPT, Mphty, Bkin
- Managing Expectations & Returning to Play – Haley Van Escobar, MOTR/L, CHT
10:40am – 11:55am | Session 3 | Aging: Treatment Plan Across the Lifespan
- Bone Density – Andrew Cozadd, PA-C
- Effects of Hormones on Skeletal Health and Fracture Risk – Kristin Popp, PhD
- Orthopedic Developmental Milestones – Alex Vasconcellos, MD
11:55am | Lunch
12:35pm – 1:50pm | Session 4 | Neurologic: When It Isn’t Just Pain, New Ways to Explain
- Stroke – Meghan Lunos, OTR/L
- Graded Motor Imagery – Lindsay Marth, MA, OTR/L, BCPR, BCB, TPS
- Post COVID – Angie Kezar, OTR/L, MA, CDRS
2:00pm – 3:15pm | Session 5 | Athlete: From a Bad Fall to Playing Ball
- Shoulder: Scapular Stability for Every Athlete, Improving Performance – Matt Neuger, PT, DPT
- Elbow – Christopher Camp, MD
- Wrist & Hand – Jared Vagy, PT, DPT, OCS, CSCS
3:25pm – 4:40pm | Session 6 | Panel of Pearls
- Rock Climbers – Jared Vagy, PT, DPT, OCS, CSCS
- Engaging the Pediatric Patient – Lori Strand, OTR/L, CHT
- Office Ergonomics – Nhu Wong, OTR/L, CHT
There will be a live Q&A immediately following each session that includes all speakers from the current session.
Following this event, attendees will be able to
- Detail evidenced based current management principles of hand and upper extremity rehabilitation.
- Identify innovative therapy techniques in the treatment of upper extremity conditions.
- Describe current concepts in managing upper extremity conditions in unique patient populations.